PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gloat - no pics

Gary Herrmann
08-06-2006, 9:03 PM
I've been working a lot lately, so rather than tools, my wife bought me wwing books for my birthday - as always, she seemed to know just the right thing to do. She bought me the Tage Frid 3 book set - probably because I kept renewing the one book of his I found at the library. She also bought me Soul of a Tree by George Nakashima. What a great read.

This is the first weekend in 6 weeks that I haven't worked. I've cut most of the pieces I'll need for my lathe stand, but haven't put anything together. I could have made a lot of progress today, but we decided to take our son to Chuck E Cheese instead. I sat at table for 30 minutes or so and read Soul of a Tree and then got into the whole skee ball thing. Then we came home and played in the pool.

I didn't do any woodworking on my birthday. It didn't bother me in the slightest. Instead, my 6 year old kicked my butt in skee ball, and we played catch in the pool.

992 tickets for $12 worth of tokens. He brought home a superman wallet and a spiderman stationary set. What a great day. Beats the heck out of working.

Cost: $12 and a day of my time. Benefit: A warm memory that will last forever.

I wonder if they have college skee ball scholarships...

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Gary..........Some times you have to stop and smell the roses!.....or the pizzas .....and play a little skeeball!:)

Happy Birthday BTW!