PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat--

Don Baer
08-06-2006, 6:24 PM
After church LOML and I stopped off at the local Orange Borg. I needed some wire and stuff to install some electrical outlets in my sons Garage so I can set up my shop and we happened by ;) the tools section. I walked by the Dewalt Display and was admiring the 735 planner a nd my wife laughed and said do you want that. I said yup you can get it for my birthday next saturday the 12th. She said will get it then.

It's a good thing to because whenn I left California this week I lost access to my neighbors planer that I had been using to demension my lumber and she has a whole list of new furniture she want for the new house when it gets done.

Bruce Page
08-06-2006, 6:29 PM
Sweet! A friend of mine bought the 735 a few weeks ago and absolutely loves it.

Congrats!

Robert Mickley
08-06-2006, 7:07 PM
Those are sweet little planer

Mark Singer
08-06-2006, 7:23 PM
That is a great unit! Enjoy it Don...

glenn bradley
08-06-2006, 7:23 PM
Those babys win the lunchbox planer bake-offs everytime. My local Lowes was blowing out the table extensions for $15 'cause they didn't know what they went to(?). I don't get it. They sell the planer(?). Anyway, I've got the 734 and already have extensions but I wish I woulda had the dough for the 735 when I bought mine. The last review I read said with the optional dust control the machine was amazingly clean. You're gonna love it!

Don Baer
08-06-2006, 8:11 PM
Thanks Guys. Glenn I would have been perfectly happy with the 734 but since LOML said get what I want I figured the 2 speed would come in handy.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2006, 8:13 PM
Congrats on the wife....Oh, yeah.....on the new tool too!

John Shuk
08-06-2006, 8:29 PM
Great gift. Even better birthday! You share it with A guy I've known since I was born....Me.

Jack Ferrell
08-06-2006, 8:38 PM
Good gloat Don. I guess I must have it backwards. My DW says I have enuf tools. She seemed less than impressed when I bought her a Delta DP for her birthday last month. (There's something about a new stove in the near future.)

Don Baer
08-06-2006, 8:41 PM
Jack,
This will cost me plenty. Were building a new house and I'm letting her upgrade it as she sees fit.

John, Show this thread to LOYL and say see what he got for his BD. Us Leo's got to stick together.