PDA

View Full Version : Musings of an old Hippie type

John Bailey
08-06-2006, 9:47 AM
I came across an old friend today and it reminded me of a new friend. Both friends have to do with technoloy. The old friend is a CD I haven’t played for awhile. The new friend is an internet friend. The old friend is Greg Brown’s CD “slant 6 mind.” Guess who the new internet friend is. (Not going to be a tough guess if you know the CD.)

Anyway, this started me musing about things, so, please indulge this old hippie type and his musings on a bachin’ morning.
When tracing curved boat lines freehand, it’s good to be able to see where the pencil has been and where it’s going.
In life, it’s good to be able to see where your life has been and where it’s going.
It’s good to have a wife that you like to look at whether she’s coming or going.
I like Island Time and Mountain Time, but the best is My Time.
How long to trace and cut patterns for a sea kayak:
3½ CD’s, one Greg Brown, one Keb Moe, one Stan Rogers
and ½ Carmina Burana.
When your wife is gone for the weekend, you can get up and eat Mexican food for breakfast at 5:00 A.M. (from the skillet with the food from last night).
When your neighbors live a ¼ mile away through the woods, you can experience “My Time” at full blast.
Just after breakfast and before tracing, I was able to take my guitar and sing Blowin’ in the Wind, Both Sides Now, and Flag Decal – remembering all the words. It’s good to have been sober in the 60’s so I can remember where I’ve been, and, where I’m going.Thanks, John

Tim Morton
08-06-2006, 2:08 PM
x2

Its days like that that mean more than just about anything in my mind.:cool:

Dennis Peacock
08-06-2006, 2:37 PM
Thanks for the post.....and I thought I was the only one that reflected back on many good times/days and looking forward to many more.

John Bailey
08-06-2006, 3:39 PM
Somebody's gotta guess who the "slant 6 mind" is. Do I need to drop hints?

John

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2006, 3:59 PM
Chevy Chase?:rolleyes: :eek:

John Bailey
08-06-2006, 4:42 PM
Good one Ken. But wrong.

John

Lee DeRaud
08-06-2006, 5:08 PM
Kinky Friedman? :D

Glenn Clabo
08-06-2006, 5:17 PM
Keb Mo??? Greg Brown??? Oh man...two of my favs....

Spring and what's left of the hippies return from old rooming houses and
Mexico.
More letters, more journals, more poems to burn; Real heat at last.
At last my words glow.

My friend Jim just broke up his band, the guys all have jobs and the nights
got too long.
He's selling the amps, one guitar, and the van.
I'm sure you could have it all for a song.

John Bailey
08-06-2006, 5:53 PM
Lee, no dice, nothin' kinky about this creeker.

Glen, you got the words, probably the tune too.
But, who's the new friend. The title's a dead give away.

John

tod evans
08-07-2006, 6:23 AM
sorry john i was home yesterday when you posted........i`m bettin` with the ol` hippie analogy combined with a six banger it`s yours truly?

John Bailey
08-11-2006, 4:59 PM
Sorry on this end too Todd. I've been out in the middle of Lake Huron in my kayak for 5 days. Yup, it's you, and if you don't have any Greg Brown, you should get him. However, the "slant 6 mind" might not be appropriate for the family, but it's a good'n. Notice even the title is all lower case letters. That's the way it is on the CD. Enjoy!!

John

tod evans
08-11-2006, 5:08 PM
Sorry on this end too Todd. I've been out in the middle of Lake Huron in my kayak for 5 days. Yup, it's you, and if you don't have any Greg Brown, you should get him. However, the "slant 6 mind" might not be appropriate for the family, but it's a good'n. Notice even the title is all lower case letters. That's the way it is on the CD. Enjoy!!

John

i`ll look for it next time i head into town. thanks john!