PDA

View Full Version : I got a good buy!!

Robert Mickley
08-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Something that don't happen often.
Cousin went to a sale today, he calls me up and asks me what this dust collector is worth.

Well I dind't recognize the name so I drove the 2 miles to the sale to check it out.

Turns out it was a JDS dust force, still didn't ring any bells but I though its a tad bigger than my Delta. I had to leave so I told him $100 tops.

there was also a Jet JJ-6CSX 6" Jointer there. had some surface rust on it. one of the adjusting screws the handle is broken off. other than that it looked to be in good shape. Told him to go $150 on it.

He called me about 45 minutes later to tell me I owed him $185, $125 for the jointer and $60 for the dust collector

Life is good some days, I know no pics didn't happen, thats tomorrow

Well theres the pics. I know it isn't pretty. Got the top sanded down and ran a few boards over it. Edgeed a 2x6 down to a two by 4 and its even all the way across no taper.

After lunch I'm going down and tie in the dc to the piping

Jim O'Dell
08-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Post date my congratulations until tomorrow. Actually, it's tomorrow already in Europe! Jim

scott spencer
08-06-2006, 7:18 AM
Awesome deal on both!

Lou Ferrarini
08-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Great deal on the Jet. I got a deal last week also. Actually got one of these brand new for $54.00:

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/store_item.php?iID=213&arrPath=1,11,53,p213,