PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jim Becker

Steve Jenkins
09-29-2003, 9:06 AM
I just heard a rumor that you are coming to Dallas. Is there anything planned so some of us can get together? Steve. out of the loop as always.

Jim Becker
09-29-2003, 9:31 AM
I just heard a rumor that you are coming to Dallas. Is there anything planned so some of us can get together? Steve. out of the loop as always.

Not a matter of "out of the loop"! I was originally going to visit with two fellows I know from WOOD ONLINE (one who has visited here) and it decided to get bigger in the last week as I found some others interested in getting together. So Norm Hitt and his family did a little reconoitering for a place--"sampling" several locations and not complaining about any of them. (What a job... :rolleyes: )

If you are interested, join in at 7:30p Thursday night, 2 Oct at Herrera's, 5427 Denton Drive, Dallas, Tx Phone: (214) 630-2599 for a bit of food, refreshement and sawdust stories. (Like fish stories, but better... :D) Norm said it's a relatively big place, so it shouldn't be a problem for a bunch of folks to sit close. Anyone in the DFW area is certainly welcome!

Ace Karner
09-29-2003, 6:49 PM
Your are about to sample the some of the finest "Mexcan" food in the metroplex. I'll see if I can drop by and say hello :)

Phil Phelps
09-29-2003, 8:15 PM
Your are about to sample the some of the finest "Mexcan" food in the metroplex. I'll see if I can drop by and say hello :)

"Tex-Mex", Ace. Don't mean to step on ya' toes. And the best, margaritas in the whole state. Take a spare driver when ya' go. :D

Ace Karner
09-29-2003, 8:47 PM
"Tex-Mex", Ace. Don't mean to step on ya' toes. And the best, margaritas in the whole state. Take a spare driver when ya' go. :D

Yea Phil I know they have Tex-Mex but you can get that anywhere. They also have great "Mexcan" items on thier menu and that's what makes a trip there a real treat.

Jim Becker
09-29-2003, 10:45 PM

Mexican and/or Tex Mex is fine to me! We don't get the chance to have much of the good stuff in the area we live unless we make it...and it's just "not the same". The best I ever had--so far--is a little place right on the CO-NM border called (if my mind isn't failing me) Elaine's. Looked like a dive from the outside, but the food was incredible. (Thanks to the Hidden series of travel books for that find!)

I'm looking forward to the food, but even more to see some of the folks I've been "chatting" with for a while, in some cases, for years.

Phil Phelps
09-30-2003, 2:35 PM
Yea Phil I know they have Tex-Mex but you can get that anywhere. They also have great "Mexcan" items on thier menu and that's what makes a trip there a real treat.
Ah, real Mexican :cool: I thought that was a slip of the heat. You are right Ace. Authentic food is available. Muchas gracias.

Phil Phelps
09-30-2003, 2:39 PM
Mexican and/or Tex Mex is fine to me! We don't get the chance to have much of the good stuff in the area we live unless we make it...and it's just "not the same". The best I ever had--so far--is a little place right on the CO-NM border called (if my mind isn't failing me) Elaine's. Looked like a dive from the outside, but the food was incredible. (Thanks to the Hidden series of travel books for that find!)

I'm looking forward to the food, but even more to see some of the folks I've been "chatting" with for a while, in some cases, for years.

A lot of the NM food is American Indian cusine. When you eat our Tex-Mex, you might need the "pink stuff" if you aren't used to it. Be prepared. You'll know it's Tex-Mex if you break a sweat half way through the meal. But, you can drink our water :D

Mike Mastin
10-02-2003, 10:27 PM
I wished that I could have made it to the get together tonight at Herrera's. I had to take my wife to the airport so that she could be with her sister in Kansas City. Her sister has lost her battle with cancer and she was sent home for hospice care today.
I am so blessed today and take it for granted far too often.

Jim Becker
10-02-2003, 11:04 PM
I wished that I could have made it to the get together tonight at Herrera's. I had to take my wife to the airport so that she could be with her sister in Kansas City. Her sister has lost her battle with cancer and she was sent home for hospice care today.
I am so blessed today and take it for granted far too often.

Mike, I assure you that helping your wife get to spend time with her sister was far, far more important than eating beans and cornmeal products with the likes of us. I'm sure that everyone's thoughts will be with her in the coming days.

There will be other opportunities to get together during better times. Be well.

J