PDA

View Full Version : Jessem Mast-r-Slide

robert cohen
08-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I currently have a Jointech Smartmiter. I was thinking of moving up to a Jessem Mast R Slide. Is it worth the $550 .?

glenn bradley
08-05-2006, 10:57 PM
RT or TS use?

Mike Cutler
08-06-2006, 2:35 PM
Robert.

I can't tell you if it's worth $550.00 or not. I can tell you that I really like mine. It opens up some tablesaw possibilities for me.

I got along just fine with a sled for a long time. I still have it too. The Mast-R-Slide is just a lot more convenient.

If you haven't seen one. It is a rugged little piece of machinery, and has a good bit of weight to it. While the manual doesn't specifically address mounting it to the right. It can be done. Mine is mounted to the left, per instruction. It's not a cheesy bolt on unit. It requires the removal of one of the left tablesaw extension wing, so I lost a little table area. I'm going to play around a bit and see if I can re-install the original extension wing, and mount the Mast-R-Slide to that to give me more table area.

It bolts to the saw pretty easily, so you could remove it, and transfer it to a new saw if you were to upgrade at a later date.

The Jointech Smart Miter is a nice unit also. You may consider moving it to the opposite side of the blade from the Mast-R-Slide if you mount one.

Check one if you can.