PDA

View Full Version : Arbor, lots of pics

Larry Crim
08-05-2006, 9:59 PM
IT's not exactly fine WW but never the less it's what the wife wanted for some time so I thought I would knock it out and spent the last few weeks getting done, and it gave me a excuse to get a new bosch jig saw. More work than I had originally thought, I will plant some Irish moss in the rocks when it cools down.
Larry

Bruce Page
08-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Larry, that is really cool! I can't imagine knocking something like that out - it'd take me months!

Corey Hallagan
08-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Wow, that is nice. The whole area really works together. Great job!

Corey

Greg Hairston
08-06-2006, 2:12 AM
Great Job Senior... Looks good. Now how about an invite so we can drink some beer under the new arbor....

Greg

11 days and a wake up :D

Vaughn McMillan
08-06-2006, 3:40 AM
That's a great arbor, Larry. I really like the layout and the overall design. It is your design on someone elses? Having designed and built a much smaller arbor a few months ago, I can imagine the amount of work that went into yours.

- Vaughn

Bob Childress
08-06-2006, 7:50 AM
Great looking arbor, Larry. Are you going to plant climbing thingies eventually? Or just leave it open?

Nice work!!:)

Larry Crim
08-06-2006, 11:12 AM
beers always cold and ready CDR your welcome anytime.
vaughn it is my design, there was no plan just built it as I went along and this was the result. The swing and chair was a free plan on the web but I changed the design so much it hardly resembles it now.
Bob there are climbing roses on the ends and carolina jasmine on the back corner, i'm hoping by next year they are more established should be about half way up the sides by then,

Thanks all for the compliments it was a lot of work but I was on vacation this week so It probably would have taken a lot longer if I only had nights and weekends to do it.
Thanks again
Larry

glenn bradley
08-06-2006, 12:55 PM
What jig did you HAVE to buy to complete that beautiful arbor?

Frank Hagan
08-06-2006, 3:24 PM
That arbor's so well done I think it would require me to buy two or three new tools!

(My LOML has caught on, though ... she asked me how many tools I REALLY needed to buy for my next project).

Paul Canaris
08-06-2006, 5:36 PM
Nice woodworking and nice landscaping to compliment.

Gail O'Rourke
08-06-2006, 6:39 PM
Gorgeous....I will be building a pergola soon, so I will be looking for tips. Excellent execution.