PDA

View Full Version : Fall Craft Show Projects

Barbara Buhse
08-05-2006, 6:46 PM
Fall is approaching fast... last year I did well at the Christmas craft shows and would like to start early this year. Christmas ornament business does not really start picking up until November...
I'd love to hear input on small projects that sell well for fall... Sept thru November.
I do alot of photo engravings, but would really like to have "cash and carry" items that will sell right there. Any ideas or advice?

Barbara

Leigh Costello
08-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Have you thought about holiday cutouts of some sort for Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas? Just a thought. Maybe some turkey profile napkin rings? Or checkout some of the Laserbuzz Toy Chest patterns?
That's all I can come up with for now.

Onto the clay pot thing - I do have a rotary attachment cuz we do some wedding engraving packages. I thought about putting a wet papet towel over the area to be engraved. Maybe I will try it tomorrow. And, I found some nifty gourds that are going to become part of my test run.

Dang, now I know I will never sleep - too many ideas.

Leigh
Who apparantly doesn't require sleep this week ;)

Dennis Kotlowski
08-06-2006, 6:55 AM
Barbara,

I have had great sales at craft shows this summer with the berrybasket cd for nightlights. I can't wait to see what I do with them at the Fall shows. You have to buy the cd from laserbits though. I don't know why but berrybasket will only sell it through them. I have also taken their designs and made my own and I have also taken the designs and enlarged them and made candle votives. These have also been popular at the shows I have done so far this summer. I hope this helps. Check out the link below if you want to see what they look like.

http://www.jdlasergifts.com/catalog/i85.html

Dennis

Mike Null
08-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Take a look at the Aztec calendar done by David Harvey. It could be lasered in much smaller sizes.

Nick Napier
08-06-2006, 11:36 PM
So how do you make a turkey profile napkin ring. Sounds interesting. I set up at a farmers market just to get name out and show somethings I can do. That sounds interesting.

Nick

Barbara Buhse
08-07-2006, 2:16 PM
Dennis,

as for the nightlight designs, do you supply the light too, or just sell the cover?

Barbara

Dennis Kotlowski
08-07-2006, 7:44 PM
Barbara,

Yes....I include the lite with the cover. The wood is glued to the nightlite. I was buying them from Darice for $1.00 each but you have to buy a minimum of $100 their. I found them at a Dollar Store. They have the cheap ugly plastic covers on them but I just discard them. Then I buy the wood from Studio Workshop for $2.23 for a 4x17x1/8 sheet and get 3 nightlites from that. They cost $1.75 to make and I sell them from $7-$10 depending on the show I do. I have been looking for cheaper nightlights but have not found them yet. If anybody out their has seen them for less than $1.00.....let me know. I hope this has helped.
****Also.....if you sell them at a craft show, set up a display so that you have 1 pluged in so customers can see them lit up. I have woman changing the lights back and forth to see which they like better. Hope this info has helped.

Dennis

Leigh Costello
08-07-2006, 11:59 PM
I haven't made any yet, but I was going to use a turkey from some clipart collection from Dover Publications and just make a hole in the center for the napkin. If I use 1/4" substrate, it should stand okay with the napkin in place and then it would just lay on the table as a decoration.
Leigh

Barbara Buhse
08-08-2006, 7:27 PM
these are great ideas... I like the turkey napkin ring idea, I'm just not very good at converting regular ole clip art into something I can vector cut...

still practicing...

Barbara

Linda Tetreault
08-08-2006, 9:15 PM
Barbaram

You can try the night lights by going to berrybasket.com, If you search on night lights, you'll find 4 I think, & they're $4.00 ea. It's an easy (cheap) way to start.

Linda T:)