PDA

View Full Version : It came to me today....

Corey Hallagan
08-05-2006, 5:39 PM
while I was sitting thinking about the kitchen remodel that we have been planning since I finished the living room, hallway and entryway last fall. If I hadn't discovered turning and bought a lathe..... the kitchen would be done by now :confused: Sighhhh.......

Corey

Andy Hoyt
08-05-2006, 5:43 PM
Actually it quite likely wouldn't be done.

Because you'd have no lathe with which to turn the knobs and stuff.

Ya gotta think positive, Corey!:D

Bernie Weishapl
08-05-2006, 5:47 PM
Yea Corey just think of all the pulls, knobs, etc. you can make for the kitchen.:p :p

Ken Fitzgerald
08-05-2006, 6:01 PM
Yeah.....I can appreciate that Corey!

You'll hear about it in a thread I'm going to reply to later.........

Barry Stratton
08-05-2006, 6:16 PM
while I was sitting thinking about the kitchen remodel that we have been planning since I finished the living room, hallway and entryway last fall. If I hadn't discovered turning and bought a lathe..... the kitchen would be done by now :confused: Sighhhh.......

Corey

.....and your point is???????????

Chris Barton
08-05-2006, 6:19 PM
You sound just like my wife... Thanks!

Corey Hallagan
08-05-2006, 6:26 PM
Knobs .... yeah yeah that's the ticket! Chris, actually MY wife kind of helped me remember that :o Besides Chris.... your wife can't complain to loudly, look at that beautiful table you just made!! I got a week long business trip to make in another week and then I won't be travelling for awhile and it is on to working nights and weekends on the kitchen. That is why I am looking forward to next weekend ... 3 days by myself in the shop while the wife and kids are in Chicago!!

corey

Chris Barton
08-05-2006, 8:04 PM
You lucky dawg!:D

Mike Vickery
08-05-2006, 10:58 PM
When I moved I did not set my lathe up fpr almost 6 months. I knew once it was set up none of my projects would get done. I should have made cabinets for my shop first it is still a mess a year and 1/2 later.

Barry Stratton
08-06-2006, 3:26 AM
I still don't get it??? Are you gloating you have a lathe or are you gloating that buying the lathe got you out of a kitchen remodel??? Either is a WIN in my book:D

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-06-2006, 1:48 PM
Who cooks---you, or LOYL? In any case, you can have tons of fun with the kitchen remodel---just imagine how many different ways you can display your talents, not only as a flatworker, but as a turner! Mixing/salad bowls, dinnerware, and other items that match the cabinetwork. Custom pulls (as has already been stated). A segmented shade for the overhead lamp. The possibilities are limitless!

Oh, and don't forget the 6-burner 2-oven gas range with included charbroiler, and make sure the range vent exhausts outside! :)

Corey Hallagan
08-06-2006, 1:50 PM
Well Barry I am glad I got the lathe, that is for sure, but it has not gotten me out of the remodel..... no no no... that will have to be done!

Corey

Corey Hallagan
08-06-2006, 1:51 PM
Henry, I do my cooking out side on the smoker or on the grill. She handles it inside. I don't do bowls but I may intoduce a vahse or two and may a salt and pepper shaker :)

Corey