PDA

View Full Version : New Turnings of mine!

Jonathon Spafford
08-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Hello Everybody,

I haven't posted for a really long time! I have been so busy with life that I forgot about liberty and the pursuit of happiness :D :p JK
Anyway, here is what I have been turning this last week or so. Tell me watcha think of 'em!!!

Jonathon

Corey Hallagan
08-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Nice work! Those wands are really cool!

Corey

Barry Stratton
08-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Neat stuff Jonathon!! I like your wands and honey dipper. One question though, whats the small paddle for??:D

Corey Hallagan
08-04-2006, 10:42 PM
One question though, whats the small paddle for??:D

For a small boat and a small creek silly! :D

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
08-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Jonathon those are some mighty fine turnings. You did a nice job on them. I really like the wands.

You might want to tell Barry those are small paddles for the little elves boat.

Ernie Nyvall
08-05-2006, 8:30 AM
For a small boat and a small creek silly! :D

Corey
Yep, I knew tere was something wrong with this guy. Anybody can see it's for spanking little dolls.:eek: :eek:

Jonathon. Nice work... all of it. I like the texturing on the first wand handle.

Jonathon Spafford
08-05-2006, 1:28 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone... those two bowls in there are actually my first bowls that I have actually considered a success. They aren't perfect, but there almost no visible tearout and the inside and outside curve complement each other so I like 'em. The little "paddle" is intended for stir-frys, but it can second as an elven boat paddle in a pinch. The pictures aren't really good so I am surprised you caught onto the textured handle, Ernie.... good eye! I thought it would be a cool effect to dimple the handle... I did it with a dremel. Works nice!

Jonathon

Jonathon Spafford
08-05-2006, 1:42 PM
Here are close-ups of the textured handle and of my other favorite handle right next to it for any of you that didn't catch the texture!!

Jonathon

Dennis Peacock
08-05-2006, 1:59 PM
Well Jonathon,

Welcome BACK to SMC. Glad to see ya posting again. Your turning skills look like they've been serving you very well. Keep coming back and posting more of your work. Looks really nice.

Corey Hallagan
08-05-2006, 3:37 PM
Jonathan, nice work on those handles!! Very cool!

corey

Dick Parr
08-05-2006, 4:09 PM
Great job Jonathon on all of them. I really like those wands.:D

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-06-2006, 1:23 PM
Great looking work, Jonathan. That textured wand handle is very nice. Now for the ultimate question: What are the wand cores? :)

Jonathon Spafford
08-07-2006, 1:26 AM
Now for the ultimate question: What are the wand cores? :)

Ummmmmmm.... wood :rolleyes: :D Ticked off a dragon once trying to get its eyelashes for a core... haven't tried it since!

Mark Cothren
08-07-2006, 7:12 AM
Nice work Jonathon!

Keith Burns
08-07-2006, 8:02 AM
Nice job on everything Johnathan, keep them coming:) :)

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-07-2006, 9:15 AM
Jonathan, jonathan... Don't you know it's not the eyelashes, but the heartstring you need? :)

Sorry... I'm a bit of an HP fan...

Ben Werner
08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
hmmm heartsring ay?! What about a unicorns tail hair.... or maybe a pheonix tail feather? ever thought of doin one of those?! :D
Sorry... I'm a bit of an HP fan... me too :D:p:cool: Love those wands! What are their diameters of the handles??

Jonathon Spafford
08-08-2006, 6:31 PM
Jonathan, jonathan... Don't you know it's not the eyelashes, but the heartstring you need? :)

Sorry... I have never read the books or watched the movies... no wonder I didn't know; coulda saved myself some trouble :rolleyes: but hey you might try the eyelashes sometime... might work.

I didn't measure the handles, but I think they range from an inch in thickness (+ or -) for the bigger ones and the smaller ones are around half an inch I imagine. The brown one on the end might even be smaller. I don't measure... I just turn :D

Curt Fuller
08-08-2006, 9:42 PM
Talk about a grand re-entry! Beautiful stuff.