PDA

View Full Version : Two new Tools

Ned Bulken
08-04-2006, 9:37 PM
I splurged a bit today, on a Ryobi P600 cordless laminate trimmer (to go with the 18V kit my father gave me a few weeks back), as well as a Porter Cable 343 ROS, plus some discs for the sander. Unfortunately my DW just rolled her eyes when I showed them to her, as I 'spent' one of our wedding gift cards. Most of it anyway. Ah well, now I just have to find a project to work on with them!

and yes, pic police, I know I know... I'll do a photo tomorrow. :p

Steve Clardy
08-04-2006, 10:08 PM
I splurged a bit today, on a Ryobi P600 cordless laminate trimmer (to go with the 18V kit my father gave me a few weeks back), as well as a Porter Cable 343 ROS, plus some discs for the sander. Unfortunately my DW just rolled her eyes when I showed them to her, as I 'spent' one of our wedding gift cards. Most of it anyway. Ah well, now I just have to find a project to work on with them!

and yes, pic police, I know I know... I'll do a photo tomorrow. :p

Nice haul.:)

Rolling eyes. Not a good sign:eek: :D

Allen Bookout
08-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh no! The old rolling eye trick. I know it well.

My wife just said to enjoy it as more than rolling eyes will come as your marriage continues. Maybe I should say if it continues.

One other thing. Is it real quite around there tonight?

My thoughts are with you.

Allen

Don Baer
08-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Ned I have the same trimmer and love it. Don't worry about the rolling of the eye's I have seen it for 34 years..

Ned Bulken
08-05-2006, 9:28 AM
Yep, verrrry quiet last night. Actually she's a volunteer firewoman, and spends friday nights on call down at the fire barn, so that's normal. Seriously, while she might have been 'unhappy' with my spending most of the card, I haven't bought many tools or wood lately, so I'm not too worried about it.

I plan on making up for it, by attacking the honeydo list later this morning. there is a ton of stuff to do, and now that it is a bit cooler, I'm up for checking off some more items.

oh, and despite the newlywed status, we're much more like an old married couple, as we've been together for over 7 years.

I'm off to the local hardwood vendor to pick up a couple of panels, need to make some sawdust, going to scroll a new sign for the mailbox after the chores.

edit: well that didn't go as planned, I went all the way out to where I thought the vendor was, got in the neighborhood, but couldn't find them grrrrr. oh well, I'll just go in two weeks. Taking a little vacation next weekend, and I work quite a ways from that shop, so it isn't a 'swing through on the way home' stop.

Don, you had mentioned that you had it, and that's one reason I picked it up, for $50 (since I had the batteries already) it was a deal I couldn't refuse. Now I have to order some bits, as I wasn't paying BORG prices (would have really wiped out that card if I had.