PDA

View Full Version : Brought the LOML HOME last night.......

Norman Hitt
08-03-2006, 5:35 PM
....or I should say tried to bring her home, but had to take her to her Mom's house, since the AC Compressor had died, and she's a little short tempered yet since the partial knee replacement surgery she had on the 24 th, Especially when IT'S HOT in the house.;) Got one quote today, and waiting for another one, since the first wanted three times as much as I paid the last time to replace the whole unit instead of just the compressor.

At least the LOML's recovery and therapy is going well and she's slowly getting her strength back. Boy they really kick them out of the Hospital quickly these days. She had the surgery about 7:30 AM on the 24 th and they released her from the Hospital about 2:30 PM on the 26 th, but we took her to our daughter's house about 25 min away and stayed 5 days to let her recuperate a little before we made the 360 mile ride home.

I got to tune in a little on my daughter's computer while there, BUT couldn't log in, Because...........I forgot to log out before I turned the computer off at home before I left town.........:o. Anyhow, it's good to get back and check up on all of you, (even if it is Hot, Hot, Hot, in here........Sure wish that HVAC man would get here.;)

PS: It's good to see that Marty's up and running again and REALLY kicking butt on that shop of his, and also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all those that had that event occur while I couldn't log in because of my stupidity.:rolleyes: :D

Vaughn McMillan
08-03-2006, 5:41 PM
Glad to see LOYL's on the way to recovery. Get that air con fixed before she's well enough to get up and chase you. ;)

For what it's worth, as far as I know you can be logged onto SMC from multiple computers simultaneously. I often forget to log out one or more of my computers (work and home), but have always been able to log in multiple times.

- Vaughn

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-03-2006, 6:20 PM
Glad to see LOYL's on the way to recovery. Get that air con fixed before she's well enough to get up and chase you. ;)

For what it's worth, as far as I know you can be logged onto SMC from multiple computers simultaneously. I often forget to log out one or more of my computers (work and home), but have always been able to log in multiple times.

- Vaughn

You mean I'm not the only one who does that....? :o

Norman, best of luck with the recovery, hard to see someone you love in a pain and stuff, but I hope the new knee does mean she can chase you around the house.... :rolleyes: ;) :D

Cheers!

Norman Hitt
08-03-2006, 6:29 PM

- Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn, you can bet I can't dilly/dally long on this, 'cause that Red Head has a Memory like an Elephant and I will NEVER hear the end of it.;) I sure can't have her chasing me AFTER she gets up to speed again, Because......When her Dr. came out to tell us how her surgery went, he took one look at my left knee in it's swollen glory just below my Cargo shorts, and stopped his report to feel all around my knee and then said, "when she sets the appointment for her first checkup, tell them we will be doing a FULL check on your's at the same time, because that's got to be fixed right asap before it gets any worse. It's already progressed much further than hers, and will be a lot more work to repair. (I don't know if I can STAND any more good news this year, since I've had so much already):rolleyes:

I don't know what the problem was on logging in, possibly some glitch in the daughter's computer too, because even when I tried to log in and get my email, it kept giving me a msg, "you are already logged in in another window", and that sure wasn't the case.

I had my user name and password for the forum with me in my little notebook this time, so I wouldn't forget and mess it up trying to log in, but it just kept saying Invalid Password, so I just gave up.

Norman Hitt
08-04-2006, 12:54 AM
You mean I'm not the only one who does that....? :o

Norman, best of luck with the recovery, hard to see someone you love in a pain and stuff, but I hope the new knee does mean she can chase you around the house.... :rolleyes: ;) :D

Cheers!

Thanks Stu, and you're right that it is always harder mentally I think on the ones that are watching and waiting, than the one that is having the problem. She still has good and bad days, and seems to be running a low level temperature off and on , (like this afternoon and night). Hopefully it is just from the after effects of the pain medicines they gave her, since she doesn't react well to most pain killers. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this will straighten out, but the knee itself seems to be progressing nicely.

Don Baer
08-04-2006, 1:34 AM
Hey Norm,
Hope LOYL heals quickly. Your story about your knee reminds me of my own situation. My son is a Navy Corpmen and very dedicated to what he does, a few summers ago whe were sitting on the patio having a beer and he looked at my knee. He then examined it a little further and said, "you know dad you there is no cartilage there,it one on bone. Have you had an orthoperdic DR look at it?"
I told him "No"
he said "why not"
I said " because he'll want to operate on it"

So far I can keep on trucking. Suprisingly it hurts worst when I am in-active, sitting for more then an hour or more. If I sit too long the pain can bring tear to my eyes. As long as I can get up and walk around it doesn't realy bother me that much.
I know that I'll have to have something done sooner or later but I'd rather it be later. Good luck to you and LOYL.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
08-04-2006, 3:38 AM
Thanks Stu, and you're right that it is always harder mentally I think on the ones that are watching and waiting, than the one that is having the problem. She still has good and bad days, and seems to be running a low level temperature off and on , (like this afternoon and night). Hopefully it is just from the after effects of the pain medicines they gave her, since she doesn't react well to most pain killers. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this will straighten out, but the knee itself seems to be progressing nicely.

You are welcome Norman.

I bet when she gets mobile again, many things will improve, including her temp and the number of bad days will be surpassed by the number of good days.

I've broken my left leg 3 times and my right leg once, sprained both ankles many times (a full and exciting youth I had, football, hockey, skiing, and off road motorcycles :rolleyes: :D ). When your mobility is taken away, it sucks, you got to constantly ask for help, to do just about anything, I know I HATED it.

Sending good thoughts you way!!!

Cheers!

Vaughn McMillan
08-04-2006, 4:04 AM
So Norman...I'm guessing the polka dancing lessons for you two are out of the question for a little while? ;) [ducks]

I'll be wishing for a quick recovery for your wife, and I hope you can get your own knee issues worked out as easily as possible. The docs are doing some pretty amazing things these days. (Like Stu, I have some personal experience with being put back together in the hospital, and I'm very grateful for modern medicine.)

- Vaughn

Kirk (KC) Constable
08-04-2006, 11:00 AM
I've never logged out on purpose, and before the site got blocked at my workplace :mad: I never logged out there, either. Are you still actually 'logged in' when you navigate away from the site? Or do you get logged out and get logged in automagically via cookies?

Andy Hoyt
08-04-2006, 11:59 AM
"you are already logged in in another window"
I've gotten that message a couple of times when my email program (Thunderbird) is having a senior moment.

The result is a tendency to forget passwords. Reboot and all is well.

Norman Hitt
08-05-2006, 2:53 AM
I've gotten that message a couple of times when my email program (Thunderbird) is having a senior moment.

The result is a tendency to forget passwords. Reboot and all is well.

Thanks for the tip Andy, I didn't even think of that, but I'll try that next time.

Robert Mickley
08-05-2006, 8:48 AM
The trick is Norman, not to do anything to make her mad. OF course since she is a woman thats a fine line to walk.

Heres to her speedy recovery and lets hope yours goes well to.

Ed Breen
08-05-2006, 3:06 PM
Norman,
May the LOYL's recovery be fast and complete. I'm six months post a total knee replacement, and my only regret is that I waited so long. I was religous at the rehab, and now send 3/4 of an hour each morning at the gym.
Ed;)