PDA

View Full Version : would like to share some wood

Liem Tran
08-02-2006, 5:28 PM
My uncle recently hacked down 4 very big trees at his house. I got greedy and told him to save them for me. :D I took them back to my warehouse. Now I have a bunch of logs sitting here but not enough time to use them. Not that I don't have the space for it, but I'd like to offer some to my fellow SMC members. You all have been kind. So I'd like to return the favor. I'm in DT Houston. So if anyone's interested let me know.

Liem

Ernie Nyvall
08-02-2006, 6:09 PM
Liem, I might be interested if it is a kind of wood that I don't have already, and if you could use some of what I have in trade, I can bring that. I have walnut, pecan, live oak, box elder, and mesquite. What is it that you have?

Ernie

Dario Octaviano
08-02-2006, 6:20 PM
What wood is it? I may be interested on trading some too :)

Liem Tran
08-02-2006, 6:38 PM
Good question, I was about to ask that myself.:confused: It's not anything fancy though. But I don't think it's junk. I'm pretty new to this so I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you guys. But it's free anyway, you're welcome to take some. You don't have to trade anything with me if you don't want to. I'll try to post some pics maybe someone can tell me what it is. Based on the guy that did the cutting of the tree, he said that one of them is Elm. I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about. There's a few logs from a flowering tree. That's all I know. the reason I took them is because I needed some wood to practice turning with.

Liem

Ernie Nyvall
08-02-2006, 7:13 PM
That's awfully generous of you Liem. I would like to see some pics, and if I can't tell what it is, maybe come over in a couple of weeks.

Ernie

John Shuk
08-02-2006, 8:08 PM
Liem,
that is very generous of you. I'd just wanted to say that I'm glad your lathe woes are working out for you. Welcome to the Creek.
john

Liem Tran
08-02-2006, 10:31 PM
I can't use it all, so I figure I might as well save creekers some time and/or money. If you guys do make it, you might want to bring a chainsaw. Some of the logs are huge.

Liem