PDA

View Full Version : a brief introduction

scott pollack
09-27-2003, 8:23 PM
im not sure if this is the right place to put this and if its not i truly am sorry. i finally have some time and id like to introduce myself . my name is scott pollack and im a hardend neanderthal . im 38 and live in waynesboro,va for the past 3 1/2 years. im married to my best friend now for 3 years in december and i couldnt be happier. we have a 15 year old son here and i have an 8 yr old daughter who lives with her mom in nj. i got to see her everyother weekend. my mom and dad each live near there so that gives us a place to stay.

as for woodworking, ive always loved doing it but i have recently gotten back into it as a serious hobby. kathleen has greatly encouraged me and supported me to the point that i am halfway through framing a shop out back . building furniture is my thing and there is nothing better than doing it all by hand. with the exception of a table and miter saw, all work is done powerless. what better way to relax after work( kathleen and i are both dispatchers for the same trucking company) than to come home and plane some wood. i have just completed a captains bed for a woman's son at work and im currently starting a colonial linen closet to be used as our kitchen pantry and will be doing an oak chest of drawers as well.

from what ive seen here , most of you seem better than me and i hope to learn alot from everyone and hopefully i can contribute some things that people can learn from me. well, thanks for listening and for letting me be a part of this. see y'all soon!

scotty

Dave Anderson NH
09-27-2003, 9:47 PM
An introduction and a bit of a biography is never out of place either here or on the "other side" of the Creek. We are glad to have you join us and look forward to your questions and contributions. Anyone who refers to themselves as a "hardened Neanderthal" is certainly not out of place among us. As for quality of work, be sure you don't underestimateyourself. Again, welcome to the gorup.

Tom Scott
09-29-2003, 8:36 AM
Welcome aboard Scott. We look forward to your insight as a working neanderthal.

Tom

Richard Gillespie
09-29-2003, 5:44 PM
Scott welcome aboard. By the way thanks for posting the inquiry into how many Virginia woodworkers are on board. Something I've been curious about also.

I feel, since most of us are self taught , that there is much we can learn from reviewing the available forums.

Good Luck with setting up your new shop. :)

Carl Eyman
09-29-2003, 5:47 PM
I've noticed on this forum the social division between power and neanderthal seems to be almost non-existant ; as I believe it should be. We are all trying to do the best work we can and help the other guy when possible; so we share knowledge across the creek. Look forward to seeing pictures of your furniture. Carl

Doug Evans
09-29-2003, 8:48 PM
and great observation Carl. This IS one of the most non-divisive sites there is.

Doug