PDA

View Full Version : Push block

Nissim Avrahami
08-01-2006, 4:30 PM
Good day

I saw those push blocks on the Internet and I liked them so I decided to make them.

The sanding block in the pictures is 4" x 8-1/2" and it's used by the builders to sand the walls before painting, so look around the building supply shops. They cost here less than $2.

The self-gluing anti-skid tape is used in the bath tab to avoid skidding but as you know, you can use #60 or #40 sanding paper instead.

Regards
niki

Nissim Avrahami
08-01-2006, 4:32 PM
Another 2 pictures

Bob Childress
08-01-2006, 4:41 PM
Clever Niki. You always have something "home made" that works. I am more intrigued, however, by your featherboard (er . . rollerboard?) for pushing stock against the fence. :D Does that work well for you?

Howard Rosenberg
08-01-2006, 4:46 PM
But I've got a question for you.

How does the feather/roller board work?

How is it to the blocks that are clamped down?

In your opinion how would you describe its effectiveness?

Nissim, once again, you've shown us the to simplicity.... and cleverness!

Thank you.

L'heet.
Howard Rosenberg

Nissim Avrahami
08-01-2006, 5:22 PM
Thank you for your kind replies

Bob
It works very good and I’m using it a lot, I was even thinking (that’s news) to make multiple wheels but for the time being this one is enough.

Howard
It’s 11 PM here so I cannot take pictures but if you like, I will take pictures of the roller tomorrow morning or, maybe I will start a new thread about the feed roller.

Toda
niki

john whittaker
08-01-2006, 5:29 PM
Nissim.....very clever.

I also like the roller feather board idea.

I bought the yellow & black version (Gripper) on sale for $ 59.00 and consider it a good investment as it is a VERY safe way to push wood (especially thin cuts)

Thank you for all you very informative ideas.

Keep "thinking"...you seem to be good at it.:D

Art Davis
08-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Niki,

Great post, as usual. I have a Grriper and am really concerned about having my hand over the blade, so I am really interested in the one you picture with the offset handle. That should cure the problem. Also, I think your idea of the "roller feather board" is a neat one. Should be easier to push the workpiece, I would think.

Keep up these great threads!

Art

Nissim Avrahami
08-02-2006, 5:53 AM
Thank you so much

John
I’ll post a thread on the “feather roller”

Art
I was also concerned about the "hand over the blade".
You have beautiful house and much more, beautiful view.

Thanks
niki