PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Jerry

Peter Gavin
08-01-2006, 2:14 PM
I'm feeling old and in the way today. Some people will want to peg me in a square hole for this but I hope someone else gets it. Warning. Large file.

http://www.philzone.com/flash/jerry-2005.swf

Peter

Glenn Clabo
08-01-2006, 2:41 PM
Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurres to me ... What a long, strange trip it's been.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-01-2006, 2:53 PM
I never really felt my age until I broke my back and had to lay down flat for 10 weeks. My body has never recovered the strength, flexibility or balance.

Yesterday I was looking at my Navy "bootcamp" book and I couldn't help but come up with 2 questions....Were we ever really that young?....And what happened?

But.........as I prepare to see my greatgranddaughter for the 2nd time........I can't help but think.....We are lucky to have lived when we lived and at least we are around to "WHINE"!:D

Andy Hoyt
08-01-2006, 2:59 PM
Wednesday August 9th, 1995 had me in Larkspur, CA raising a timberframed roof for a longtime local guy that I didn't know all that well. We were having fun while grunting, groaning, and coercing the timbers into place; and enjoying some marvelous weather and great tunes over the radio.

Then all went black.

The owner was an old school chum of Jerry's and we spent the rest of the day drinking his beer and listening to some great stories about an amazing guy.

Peter Gavin
08-01-2006, 3:17 PM
Andy, I'm alread feeling bad and now you've got to go dumping all over me again. Just kidding. I heard it on the radio and just pulled over to the side of the road and cried.

peter