PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest online vendor for Lasers

Harry Radaza
07-31-2006, 11:02 PM
hi all,

I have one universal vl300 50 watts and 1 laserpro mercury 25 watts.

Production has gone good and am in the need to buy a 3rd machine. I'm looking for another laserpro mercury 25 watts.

Unfortunately if I buy from local dealers here ( like the first 2 machines ) then it ends up fairly expensive.

I was thinking maybe i can purchase it online (closer to asia the better) and ship it to the philippines. Then I can just pay for shipping and customs duties and bypass the dealers commissions ( absurdly high ).

or maybe 2nd hand lasers ? are they even worth the look ?

any ideas ?

Lee DeRaud
07-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Not sure how much that's going to help: I suspect the shipping and customs duties are a very large part of why your local dealers' prices are so high.

Mark Rios
08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Is there anyplace like "Lasers-R-Us"?

It seems like a pretty specialized market.

Rodne Gold
08-01-2006, 1:15 AM
You can try http://www.usedlasers.com for refurbed 2nd hand stuff.

I cannot see a co like GCC (based in Taiwan) supplying direct if they do have an agent in your part of the world , however give em a call to find out whether there is an agent. Speak to your agent if there is one about a Refurbed or trade in unit or use some financing to amortise the cost. I wouldnt dicker around and jump thru hoops to save $2-3k on the machine. You can easily make that up in a month of operation and have peace of mind. I would NEVER buy a "grey" market laser as you could end up with a useless piece of metal without support.
In most countries , import duties on Capital equipment such as a laser would generally not be high , if there are any at all.

Harry Radaza
08-01-2006, 8:30 AM
gcc does have a laser dealer here in the philippines. it just seems so high when the price arives here. a laserpro mercury 25 watts online is about $10,000. they are selling it to me here for $20,000. that's twice the price !

Shaddy Dedmore
08-01-2006, 2:48 PM
If you're paying cash, you could probably talk someone into buying it then sending it over to you. Makes me shiver, but it's a possibility.

Shaddy

Harry Radaza
08-01-2006, 8:08 PM
hmmmm.... gud idea...I do have my younger brother in sacramento, California. Only thing is, the online vendor would ship it to his doorstep. Any idea on how to ship this from his doorstep to my doorstep in the philippines ?

This would have to be shipped by boat I assume (Laserpro's come in a huge crate!). Any idea on how shipping works there in the U.S. ? Do they have companies that pick it up from your doorstep?

Brent Vander Weil
08-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I can say I have been very impressed by www.usedlasers.com (http://www.usedlasers.com)... Rob is a great guy and it is a family run business... his wife handles the office and things and his son (Rob Jr.) works there too...

I bought an MINI 18x12" 35W from them... it was actually refurbished by EPILOG and sent from them to me.

I had one problem with it... one of the interlock magnets in the lid fell out and I didn't notice it at the time. I was totally freaked!!!! Everything ran, but the laser would not fire... I called Rob and he hooked me up with a tech at Epilog and we had it trouble shot and I found the missing magnet and glued it back in.

I would buy from them again in a second... especially the Epilog units that come direct from Epilog....

Brent

Southern Hillbillie
08-04-2006, 4:53 PM
I just ordered a 40 watt laser from http://www.hflaser.com/jgdkj.html so far the process has been smooth I hope to receive the laser next week. I first looked at inkexpress but after talking to several others that have ordered from them their service is horrible, I talked to a few others that have ordered from RedSail and they have nothing but good to say their 40 watt laser's start at $900 for the small I have ordered the 3040A for a little less than $2500 delievered to nearest international airport. As for customs fees go that is no big deal I talked to a customs broker and they said it shouldnt be over $200 for all import and tax fees. So you can pay the high price for a laser or get the same machine for a whole lot less from China.

Joe Pelonio
08-04-2006, 5:17 PM
hmmmm.... gud idea...I do have my younger brother in sacramento, California. Only thing is, the online vendor would ship it to his doorstep. Any idea on how to ship this from his doorstep to my doorstep in the philippines ?

This would have to be shipped by boat I assume (Laserpro's come in a huge crate!). Any idea on how shipping works there in the U.S. ? Do they have companies that pick it up from your doorstep?
Typically if shipping by air you deliver to the airport, or have a trucking company deliver it to the airport. For sea it would be the nearest port
rather than the airport. As I recall from going to Sacramento State they have a port there.

Companies like this one will handle door-to-door for a price, as they do air, sea and truck. You can get a quote from their website.

http://www.airseaint.com/global_freight_forwarding.htm

Dave Jones
08-04-2006, 5:37 PM
I just ordered a 40 watt laser from....

Well, Ink Express is also in China (Hong Kong is China). ;)

If you mean buying the same machine from RedSail for a lot less than from Ink Express, that's very true. I suspect Ink Express is buying them from RedSail and marking them up.

If you mean getting the same machine for less when compared to one of the US laser makers, I wouldn't consider RedSail machines to be in the same ballpark as Epilog, ULS, etc... But for the price you should be able to make money with it.

Southern Hillbillie
08-04-2006, 9:47 PM
I am not buying it to make money. I am buying it for a hobby just sompthing to do when I get bored. I had a K2CNC 39x24 for about a year got board with it and sold it Take a look at some of the work I have done with it in my gallery! Mostly what I do is just for personal use.

http://www.cnczone.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/4456

Ken Salisbury
08-11-2006, 5:50 AM
Southern Hillbillie:

In order to be a bono-fide member of Sawmill Creek you must use a real first and last name. Please PM Jackie Outten (http://sawmillcreek.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=6)with that information and she will update your registration accordingly.

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif

Niklas Bjornestal
08-23-2006, 8:55 AM
I just ordered a 40 watt laser from http://www.hflaser.com/jgdkj.html so far the process has been smooth I hope to receive the laser next week. I first looked at inkexpress but after talking to several others that have ordered from them their service is horrible, I talked to a few others that have ordered from RedSail and they have nothing but good to say their 40 watt laser's start at $900 for the small I have ordered the 3040A for a little less than $2500 delievered to nearest international airport. As for customs fees go that is no big deal I talked to a customs broker and they said it shouldnt be over $200 for all import and tax fees. So you can pay the high price for a laser or get the same machine for a whole lot less from China.
I have one of these. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is when cutting, since it moves twice as fast in one direction due to different resolution (X=1000 dpi and Y=2000 dpi). It was also a little difficult to adjust the mirrors to get the laserbeam aligned. And it can only be used with their software and not directly from CorelDraw.
And I got it delivered directly to my front door and not the airport (they said that it would be delivered to the airport).

John Lee
09-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Well,I guess you can purchase the laser machine from China and tranship them from Hongkong,I guess this will save a lot.If you want to purchase them from China,I can help you cause I am a laser seller in China:D

Jason Porter
10-06-2006, 3:26 AM
Hi guys. Can 3040A cut a 1/4" plexiglass? It is rated at 40 Watts but the description on the site just mentions engraving and nothing about cutting.

Levi Chanowitz
12-05-2006, 6:24 PM
I baught a laser from China and I am having trouble with the instructions, can anybody help me?

Levi Chanowitz
12-14-2006, 8:17 PM
what is the name of the machine that you sell?