PDA

View Full Version : New Router Table Set-up Parts

Mark Rios
07-31-2006, 6:18 PM
Weeeeeeellll....I sorta took your advice and I am making my own router table set-up. Actually, I'm putting it together. These parts just came today from a big brown truck and I think that they will go nicely on my router cabinet along with the pc7518 that came a couple of weeks ago. Woodpecker PRL lift, Incra LS Super System and 27 x 43 table.

My big concern is doing something, or not doing something, that will keep the table from being flat. Any advice? Any additions that I should get/need?

Thanks.

Julio Navarro
08-01-2006, 10:04 AM
aint that a pretty color!

Congrats, cant wait to see how it goes togethere. Keep posting

Ken Garlock
08-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi Mark. I have a Woodpecker package similar to yours. I found that the table was slightly out of flat, so I suggest that you put a straight edge on the table top before starting installation. Woodpecker replaced my table and even sent me a UPS return label for free shipping back to them.

Second, you will find four sections of angle iron in the table package. The angle iron is screwed to the bottom of the table to help keep it flat. I suggest that you get additional angle iron to help those provided.

Have fun with your new toys.:)

Mark Rios
08-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up Ken. However, I didn't have anything in the table packaging except for the table.

May I ask you?.....Can I just go to a metal fabrication shop and get some, saaaayyy, 3/16" angle iron? Would it be flat? I thought about adding a side cabinet to my existing router cab to lengthen it to provide more support. Does this sound like a good idea?

Thanks again.

Jim O'Dell
08-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Mark, I have that same identical set up, less the table, I'm going to build my own. Be sure to post some in progress pictures! My thoughts at this time are to make a metal frame. Dad gave me his little Lincoln welder. It will be a good project to learn on. And he's bringing me his metal roll around welding table as soon as the temps drop a little. Could be fun finding a place for it. Hopefully it will be adaptable as an outfeed table for the TS also. Jim.

Cory Newman
08-01-2006, 1:18 PM
I just went through this same exercise a couple of months ago - with the same pieces - but I made my tabletop. I think as long as your base is flat and square it will be reflected by the top.

I need to sit down with the Incra books again - its pretty intimidating getting started with that system.

Ken Garlock
08-01-2006, 1:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up Ken. However, I didn't have anything in the table packaging except for the table.

May I ask you?.....Can It just go to a metal fabrication shop and get some, saaaayyy, 3/16" angle iron? Would it be flat? I thought about adding a side cabinet to my existing router cab to lengthen it to provide more support. Does this sound like a good idea?

Thanks again.
Mark, let me tell you about my table. I came as part of the Woodpecker Incra table saw package #5. The table is 28x32. In the package of parts there was two 3/16 x 1 1/2 angles that were to be attached about 2" from the edge of the table and parallel to the miter slot. I then went to a local steel supplier and bought two 1/8 x 1 1/2 chunks of angle and mounted them perpendicular to the supplied angles and closer to, but not at, the router plate opening. I told the worker that I didn't want any crooked angle iron and approved the angle that he was going to cut my two pieces from.

The entire table is mounted on 4 right-angle brackets that are screwed to the saw fence rails. If you check out the picture of table saw package #5 at Woodpecker, you can see what I ended up with. Sorry no underside pictures. I also have the 16-pitch PRL.

Hope this helps.:)