PDA

View Full Version : Bosch, Outstanding Customer Service

Per Swenson
07-30-2006, 6:33 PM
I am just not use to the big companys being attentive to

the little purchase. Yes, I had a preconceived notion that

I would get a run around when I dropped Bosch a note

concerning a adapter I mentioned Here. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=36553&highlight=ipod

There was a Hiss when all was said and done.

So I dashed of a polite e-mail, really expecting nothing.

What I got was both the head of customer service and the head engineer.

Hands on people with actual concern! I was stunned.

It gets better. They sent me a new adaptor. Still had the hiss.

Figured that was that, it wasn't.

They Sent me a Brand New Radio!

with all new improvements and such.

As they say it don't get better then that

My hats off to bosch and I am a rockin on the job.

Mike Henderson
07-30-2006, 7:16 PM
I'll second that. I had a problem with a Bosch product and when I contacted them, they said "Bring it to the local repair center and we'll replace it". No questions, no nothing - just we'll replace it.

Mike

Mark Rios
07-30-2006, 7:25 PM
Wow, that IS great customer service. Congrats to both of you.

Now, I'm not knocking or disagreeing with the two of you but I've not had that good of a response with Bosch regarding my 24V drill and saw. Between the two tools I've had to replace three motors and one transmission (on the drill). They only paid for one motor. That one had actually caught fire. The other motor in the drill and the saw motor just stopped working and let the smoke out. However, I've only dealt with them THROUGH my local repair center. Perhaps I should have gone your route and contacted the company directly. I sure will next time.

Great customer service like that is truly deserving praise. WTG Bosch.

Clint Malone
07-31-2006, 9:03 PM
I have to agree. I bought a router kit off of the net and it was missing a few of the accessories (the 1/4" collet and the bushings). I emailed them and they sent me out the missing parts no questions asked. I was very impressed and will put bosch at the top of my list for future tools.

John Kain
07-31-2006, 9:11 PM
I light of the "other" active thread being discussed right now, this is a breath of fresh air. This is how customer service should work. Great work Bosch! Keep up the excellent customer service........!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ed Labadie
08-01-2006, 8:24 AM
Thats good to know they are standing behind their tools.
Having recently purchased my 2nd Bosch tool (PS20-2 Driver) it gives me a good feeling. :rolleyes:

Ed

Charles Wilson
08-01-2006, 8:31 AM
Nice to know. This is why I buy Bosch tools.

Chuck

tod evans
08-01-2006, 8:31 AM
another happy bosch customer here....never a lick of trouble with the very few warranty issues over the years.....02 tod

Jesse Cloud
08-01-2006, 9:37 AM
for sharing some good news about tool companies. If customer is ever to improve, we need to reward those who are doing it right.
I have had good luck with Bosch tools also. Parts seem to be more available and more reasonably priced than many competitors.

Chip Charnley
08-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Just to add to the positive Bosch experiences, I recently got a refurb router from them that came with a 1/2 and 1/4 collet. Had it about 6 months when I finally went to use the 1/4 inch collet. It was jammed and wouldn't work. Called the local service center to find out how to return it and get it replaced. They didn't blink once. Don't bother sending it back, we'll send you another today. And they did.

Mike Henderson
08-01-2006, 4:08 PM
Just to add another kudo, I recently bought a Bosch 12 inch compound miter saw and have been very happy with it. Cuts great.

One really nice "extra" is that it has some type of startup where the saw doesn't jerk. At school we have 12 inch Dewalt CMS's and when the pull the trigger, the saw jerks down. The Bosch doesn't. I think they must have some type of "soft start" to avoid the jerk, but the saw still starts up fast - I don't have to wait for it to spin up.

Mike

[oops, I went out to my shop and did some experiments on the Bosch saw. What it does is move upwards when you pull the trigger. You don't notice it because the saw is fully up and against the stop. Sorry for the incorrect info earlier.]