PDA

View Full Version : For those that dont think that anything is made in the USA anymore

Scott Loven
07-30-2006, 9:07 AM
Manufacturing is live and well in America!

http://factorytoursusa.com/

Karl Laustrup
07-30-2006, 9:33 AM
Thanks for this Scott. I enjoy this type of information. One thing I noticed missing for Wisconsin was the GM factory tour in Janesville. Tahoe's and Suburbans and their clones come off the lines and they have a tour of the process.

Karl

Frank Fusco
07-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks. That's interesting, but, I believe, only partial listings. Only three companies are shown for Arkansas. We have hundreds of American/Arkansas manufacturers in our state. Between my county and the neighboring county to the west, I'll bet there are three dozen who employ many people locally.

Robert Mickley
07-30-2006, 6:06 PM
It's by no means a complete list, There’s only one listing for Youngstown and while we may be on artificial respiration here we aren’t dead yet.

The company my Wife works at should be there as well as all the window companies they supply

Scott Loven
07-31-2006, 10:53 AM
There is a link at the top of the home page for submiting new entries.
I remember tours of the Fisher body plant in Janesville WI when I was a kid.

Jeffrey Makiel
07-31-2006, 1:35 PM
I find it interesting that a mom and pop candy shop and a micro-brewery are all that's listed for New Jersey, the most industrialized state of the union. What about tours of the GM Assembly Plant, Ford Assembly Plant, GAF, Kodak, American Cyanamid, American Can, Tenco Tea, Gordan Vodka and Gin, Hyatt Bearing, Wing Co., Simmons Mattress, Singer Corp, RCA, Bell-Howmet, Walworth Valve, etc? Why can't they have tours? Oh...silly me, they're gone.

-Jeff

tod evans
07-31-2006, 1:36 PM
I find it interesting that a mom and pop candy shop and a micro-brewery are all that's listed for New Jersey, the most industrialized state of the union. What about tours of the GM Assembly Plant, Ford Assembly Plant, GAF, Kodak, American Cyanamid, American Can, Tenco Tea, Gordan Vodka and Gin, Hyatt Bearing, Wing Co., Simmons Mattress, Singer Corp, RCA, Bell-Howmet, Walworth Valve, etc? Why can't they have tours? Oh...silly me, they're gone.

-Jeff

one keyboard down!

Tyler Howell
07-31-2006, 4:13 PM
The top 5 in Minnesota are Breweries and SPAM:eek:
There's a message here someplace.

Karl Laustrup
07-31-2006, 6:25 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!

Now I know why you live up there Tyler. :D :D :D

Karl