PDA

View Full Version : Finished up a few projects

Jim Hager
07-29-2006, 9:47 PM
As usual I'm behind here on the creek with my posting but I do read what is going on around here on a daily basis. I'd lost out on the proper way to post pics so I've been lagging behind on that part for sure. I just read the tutorial on posting pics so I'll give it a try.

I've been busy as a cranberry merchant lately working on a summer full of projects. This is a secretaries reception center in the superintendant's office at the school where I work.

Allen Bookout
07-29-2006, 10:56 PM
That is really great work Jim!

And----- like all great men you were sure to include the local beauty in the picture. Sure makes the picture more interesting to me.

Good job no matter what we are talking about.

Allen

Corey Hallagan
07-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Nice work Jim, the cabs look most excellent!

Corey

frank shic
07-30-2006, 10:13 AM
jim, those are a LOT of raised panels! they look beautiful BTW. What's your current setup for cranking them out? How much time did it take you to machine them?

tod evans
07-30-2006, 10:15 AM
hey stranger! nice work..02 tod

Steve Clardy
07-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Looks good Jim!!

Jim Hager
07-30-2006, 10:41 AM
jim, those are a LOT of raised panels! they look beautiful BTW. What's your current setup for cranking them out? How much time did it take you to machine them?

I just calculate the distance to span and decide on about how wide I want the panels, then decide on the total number of panels then deduct the width of the styles, divide by the number of panels then deduct 1/8" per panel for expansion. On this job the panels are somewhere between 7 and 8 inches wide. I had some good stable stock that width so cuttin them out wasn't a big deal. I'm set up with 3 shapers so the machine time wasn't that great either. When I put em together I use kreg pocket holes on the backside to do away with the need for big ole bulky clamps, apply a bit of glue here and there and kreg screw it together. This wall is done with 3 panels 48" wide with the center panel standing proud of the l and r panels. That gave an easy seamless looking way to assemble the units. They are screwed to a pony wall and molding applied to hide the screws.

Jerry Olexa
07-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Nice work, Jim,,, Looks good!!

Dave Ray
07-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Jim, nice work....I mean really nice. No wonder you haven't been posting, you have been busy. :) :)