PDA

View Full Version : Hardwood supplier in Orlando FL

Mac Cambra
07-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Guys,

Iam looking for a good wood supplier in the Orlando, FL area. A place that offers a little more than just the ordinary. I am told that there is a pretty good place somewhere close to Rte 50 but I be darned if I can find them, unfortunately nobody seem to know their name.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Tony Falotico
07-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Mac -- Google lumber Orlando fl and you'll get a bunch of stuff to sort thru...... maybe you'll hit a good one. If you do, please let me know about it.

Earl Kelly
07-29-2006, 1:20 PM
Mac,

Are you looking for Amazon Exotic Hardwoods?
http://www.amazonexotichardwoods.com/index.html

They have a lot of turning woods as well as, some lumber.

Jack Norfleet
07-29-2006, 2:41 PM
The choices are pretty slim in Orlando. There is a Woodcraft near the corner of SR436 and 17-92 in Casselbery. Amazon Exotic Hardwoods is within 2 miles of the Woodcraft but they are only open during the week and they close during lunch so I have trouble getting there when they are open. I am planning a trip to Edgewater (on the east coast) to visit Chipmunk Hardwoods (www.chipmunkhardwoods.com) as they appear to have a good selection and their prices are about the best I can find in the area.

Brian Gumpper
07-30-2006, 9:23 PM
I buy all my stuff from McEwens but you need a business license to open an account. If you guys wanted, I'll bring you in there. Just a few things to know first other than prices are pretty good because they're a wholesaler.

It's a big warehosue and hand picking lumber can be an issue, need to get there early. Will Call ends at 3:00PM anyway.

They are not open on weekends.

They don't sell exotics, Amazon is probably best for that.

My price list is old but if you want me to throw a number at you, let me know. I don't make any money on this stuff so if you did want to buy, bring cash or credit card when you pick it up.