PDA

View Full Version : Saw vice

Steve Strickler
07-29-2006, 7:54 AM
Anyone have a saw vice (for sharpening) that they'd like to let go of? Or, perhaps know where to get one?
Thanks!

Bill Antonacchio
07-29-2006, 7:59 AM
Or two?

The auction prices are man in the moon recently. Don't these bidders know that is real money they are bidding.

I have seen a wooden jig held in a bench vise but don't know how well it would work.

Regards,
Bill Antonacchio

skip coyne
07-29-2006, 8:23 AM
looks like 20.00 will get you one on ebay . do a search for saw vice there are several in the 10.00 range with shipping @ around 10.00

Terry Beadle
07-29-2006, 8:24 AM
I have made a wooden saw vice based off an idea expressed in Frank Klause's video. Very simple to make and works well. Just two pieces of pine about 12" long, 10" wide with two "jaw" face pieces glued at the inside tops of the narrow width. Then I gave them a slight taper so that they would meet flat when they were put in the bench vice. A rubber band keeps them sprung together and a piece of left over piano hinge to pivot the bottom ends.

I also bought a metal saw vice from an antique dealer in Portland OR but I think Highland Hardware carries them new at about the same price.