PDA

View Full Version : Unverified Creeker visit......

Barry Stratton
07-28-2006, 11:45 PM
I met up with Anchorage Creeker Jonathan Snyder yesterday for lunch at Lonestar. We chatted about wood, bears, fish and other things in between bites of burgers, ribs and fries. While currently a flatlander leaning towards Neander, I think once he comes over to the garage and spins something roundish, we'll have yet another (see below)

Seriously though, he is a great guy (even though he is a "Fed") and he bought!!!!! Sorry for the lack of pictures, you'll have to take it on faith that it did happen!

Hi Folks,

I had the good fortune to buy Barry lunch yesterday. I bumped in him here on the Creek. We quickly realized we are both woodworking biologists! I had the pleasure of seeing one of Barrys olive pens, it sure was nice, makes me want to get into turning (but I have a big enough learning curve in front of me with flat work).

Barry really summed it up when he said folks here on the creek are "the nicest bunch of guys you will never meet."

I hope to meet some more of you creekers.

Jonathan

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Sounds like it was a great time Barry. Somehow, I don't think Ken is going to cut you any slack at all on this. Barry, here is your chance... reel him in ...reel him in good!

Corey

Barry Stratton
07-29-2006, 12:02 AM
[quote=Corey HallaganSomehow, I don't think Ken is going to cut you any slack at all on this.
Corey[/quote]

you mean Mr. "I finished a Pecan NE bowl, really, but no pictures" Fitzgerald? Bring it on......

Corey Hallagan
07-29-2006, 12:07 AM
That would be the one Barry.. that would be him!

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
07-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Barry...........You take back the part about "a Fed bought your lunch" and I'll take back the part about "it turned out really nice"...............:D

Don Baer
07-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Let me see now , first ken is turning imaginary pieces and then Ken is having lunch with imaginary creekers. I think the temp. loss of the creek is causing some to have inaginary expierancies. :rolleyes: Remember Tylers rule, no pix, it didn't happen..

Ken Fitzgerald
07-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Don...........Barry's the one who " had lunch with a Fed and the Fed bought"............I had lunch by myself.....roughneck steak.....bologna sandwich.....bought it at Rosauer's ......paid for it myself.......That's how I saved enough money to buy that new Crown 1/4" captive ring tool that worked so well when I tested it a couple of minutes ago.....:D

Don Baer
07-29-2006, 12:41 AM
That's how I saved enough money to buy that new Crown 1/4" captive ring tool that worked so well when I tested it a couple of minutes ago.....:D

yea Ken we believe you...:rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
07-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Boy..........I hope the Creek doesn't go down again. A lot of people seem to store up all that rage and then want to take it out on......now I'm not saying anybody's picking on me......but I am starting to feel like the bunny at the shooting gallery!:eek: :D

Lee DeRaud
07-29-2006, 1:04 AM
While currently a flatlander leaning towards Neander...Two words: "treadle lathe". :D

Barry Stratton
07-29-2006, 3:20 AM
Two words: "treadle lathe". :D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....you may be on to something.........

And Ken, he really did buy me lunch....and he is a Fed.... One of the NICE ones, even. Just stating facts. And I for one, completely trust that you turned a really nice NE out of the Nyvall pecan that is sweeping the country. I got your back, man!

Bernie Weishapl
07-29-2006, 10:07 AM
And what is wrong with a Fed especially one that buys lunch. Oh my here I go looking down shaking my head.

Cecil Arnold
07-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Any time you are in Houston, Bernie, you can buy me lunch.

Andy Hoyt
07-29-2006, 10:32 AM
All the feds I've ever known have always bought lunch.

For themselves.:D