PDA

View Full Version : A couple of hidden, unproven gloats!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-28-2006, 8:09 PM
Well..............during the recent 2 day recess........I finished the pecan NE. The wood was provided by Ernie Nyvall. Thank you Ernie! It's about 7 1/2" by 5"........some nice coloring in the wood. Bark is beautiful! A couple of firsts on this one.....while turning the bark decided it wanted to separate from the bottom. I used superglue to prevent that. Even after that it continued to try do so.......I stopped with the wall thickness of about 3/8". 1st time using superglue on a project....finish....danish oil ....beal buffed.......first time using danish oil..........turned out nice.

2nd......I want to make a baby rattle for that new little greatgrandaughter of mine.........so I ordered and today it arrived...a Crown 1/4" captive ring tool. I hope to try it out this weekend.

You'll just have to take my word for it as the LOML has the camera in Illinois.:D

Lee DeRaud
07-28-2006, 8:12 PM
You'll just have to take my word for it as the LOML has the camera in Illinois.:DGood thing Tyler's busy with the new lathe, otherwise there's no way you'd get away with a lame excuse like that. :eek:

Don Baer
07-28-2006, 8:15 PM
I don't see em so they must not exist..:D

Steve Clardy
07-28-2006, 8:23 PM
Oh Tyler. Where ya at buddy.:confused:

Got a job for ya in here;)

Bernie Weishapl
07-28-2006, 8:25 PM
Yea, yea, yea Ken. Nice excuse.

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 8:34 PM
Ken... I will let you off... but photo is required within 30 days of said gloat! Anxious to see you use that captive ring tool! Get cracking man!

Corey

Steve Clardy
07-28-2006, 8:36 PM
PMing Tyler now, trying to find out where he's hiding at:confused: ;)

Lee DeRaud
07-28-2006, 8:39 PM
PMing Tyler now, trying to find out where he's hiding at:confused: ;) Probably got his thong tangled up in the toolrest. :eek:

Steve Clardy
07-28-2006, 8:43 PM
Probably got his thong tangled up in the toolrest. :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Guess we better go on Red Alert

Andy Hoyt
07-28-2006, 8:44 PM
Maybe it was Tyler who poofed the creek. So he could try to hide from us. Aint gonna work, Bud. Recon Team Six is on the job.

Steve Clardy
07-28-2006, 8:48 PM
Shuttles fueled and ready Andy.:)
Give me the directions to drop Recon Six.
Keep the moxie at home this time will ya:( ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-28-2006, 9:01 PM
Oh Tyler. Where ya at buddy.:confused:

Got a job for ya in here;)

Clardy.........You're nothing but a big tattle tail!:eek: :D

Ernie Nyvall
07-28-2006, 9:14 PM
I don't believe it myself.:D

Ernie

Tom Sherman
07-28-2006, 9:35 PM
Hey Ken, about 22 bucks at Walmart will get you a small cheapo digital camera, then the picpolice won't hassle you. Anxious to see your latest project.

Forrest Price
07-28-2006, 9:55 PM
OK Ken, give me a call and I'll come over and take the pics for you. Hate to see you raked over the coals!:D

Andy Hoyt
07-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey Forrest.

Lose the camera or go take a business trip.

Raking this guy over the coals is fun.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey Forrest.

Hoyt........You sorry rascal!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks Forrest! I'll wait 'til Sharon gets home. Let'em suffer! After last fall, I can take the heat! What are they going to do ....bomb me again.:eek: :D ....I don't think so!:)

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey Forrest.

Uh...Forrest.... it looks like Ken is in some seriously deep doo doo... and there is not a thing you can do to help him. The photo cop will be all over a mysterious and suspicous photo all of a sudden showing up! That would be an offense from the pic police as well and it is all get's charged against Ken :)

Corey

Tom Sherman
07-28-2006, 10:47 PM
here's the rest of the Creekers....looking towards Ken.....heads down and ....shaking their heads.....saying ...... TSK...TSK...TSK.

Forrest Price
07-28-2006, 11:24 PM
OK Ok I give. Uh..sorry Ken..camera's broken. :p

Ken Fitzgerald
07-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Forrest......You caved in way too easily!:rolleyes:

I just came in from the shop. I had a little piece of Japanese maple that my neighbor took out earlier this spring. Tried the little captive ring tool. Works great. I can see it'll take a little practice to get the final technique down but......I tried making two rings.....I got 2 rings......first try.....Now I got to try to turn them interlocking!:rolleyes: :D

Don Baer
07-29-2006, 12:29 AM
I had a little piece of Japanese maple that my neighbor took out earlier this spring. Tried the little captive ring tool. Works great. I can see it'll take a little practice to get the final technique down but......I tried making two rings.....I got 2 rings......first try.....Now I got to try to turn them interlocking!:rolleyes: :D

Yea yea yea we know ken, In your dreams...:rolleyes:

Steve Clardy
07-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Clardy.........You're nothing but a big tattle tail!:eek: :D

:D :D :D

Guess we better start a man hunt for Tyler.
Pm's are not being answered. Phone is busy.:confused:
Seems the police report at the jailhouse has turned up nothing.:confused:
He hasn't been in the slammer for a couple of months:rolleyes:

Maybe the pink thong has got him all tied up:eek:

Tyler Howell
07-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Stop bugging me.:rolleyes:
I'm Abyssing all over the place.:p

Ken Fitzgerald
07-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Who'd believe..........turning has got Tyler to give up his Chief of Photo Cop duties?:confused:

This is Ken in Idaho.........looking down.......shaking his head....UP and DOWN!:D

Steve Clardy
07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Who'd believe..........turning has got Tyler to give up his Chief of Photo Cop duties?:confused:

This is Ken in Idaho.........looking down.......shaking his head....UP and DOWN!:D

Apparently our Crew Chief Leader, Andy Moxie Hoyt:D , must have slipped in some Moxie for Tyler to sample in some of those boxes.

Yep. Thats gotta be it. Tylers on the moxie:rolleyes: ;) :D

Andy Hoyt
07-29-2006, 1:47 PM
Steve, shhhhh.

Lee DeRaud
07-29-2006, 2:25 PM
Stop bugging me.:rolleyes:
I'm Abyssing all over the place.:p Saw an ad on TV last night for a new drug to fix that...

Bill O'Conner
07-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey Ken, about 22 bucks at Walmart will get you a small cheapo digital camera, then the picpolice won't hassle you. Anxious to see your latest project.

What type of camera can you get for 22 dollars at walmart???

Thanks
Bill

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
07-30-2006, 1:06 PM
I bought the $22 cheapie, and believe me, it's not a pretty sight. The thing doesn't like close work at all, and vignettes like nobody's business. I think it's designed to work in tungsten light. Maybe its pictures come out better on a Windows machine, but my experience wasn't that great. If you need something to satisfy the pic police, however, that'll do better than nothing.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-30-2006, 1:13 PM
Henry.......I'll just let 'em suffer. I can see and use the captured ring tool and see the pecan NE.......they can't!:D Who's suffering?:confused: :eek: :D Besides....the wife'll be home tomorrow evening so by Tuesday they'll get proof. Let 'em learn a lesson in patience!:D

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
07-30-2006, 1:27 PM
Reminds me of when I started using my lathe, Ken. It arrived the day after Andrea left for France, and she had borrowed my camera. :)

Travis Stinson
07-30-2006, 1:34 PM
Patience!!!??? We don't need no steenkin patience!:D

John Miliunas
07-30-2006, 3:14 PM
Heck, I can't even spell pashence!!! :eek: Forrest, you need to get over there and give us some proof!!! :D This whole "...the wife's got the camera..." business is getting real, real OLD!!!! :mad: :D :cool:

Corey Hallagan
07-30-2006, 3:27 PM
John... see above... we already told Forrest that only Ken can pull himself out of this jam...LOL!

Corey

Tom Sherman
07-30-2006, 4:52 PM
Bill I have to agree with Henry, it is deffinately not the best camera, I had a heck of time getting decent pics with it for a box I made but it will work.
the Camera is a Vivitar Vivicam55. Like I said it aint the best but will work.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-01-2006, 1:45 PM
Okay...........Stop the whining!

Here's the photographic proof:

Lee DeRaud
08-01-2006, 3:40 PM
Nice bowl, but the finial is crooked. :D

Steve Clardy
08-01-2006, 5:04 PM
Nice bowl, but the finial is crooked. :D

Musta warped on him.:)

Oh. I'm calling off Tyler now:)

John Miliunas
08-01-2006, 7:22 PM
OK, I believe you now!!! :D Hey, nice NE there, Ken! Keep up the great work! :) :cool:

Tom Sherman
08-01-2006, 9:25 PM
Bowl looks good Ken,congrats on the captive ring thingie.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
08-02-2006, 3:37 PM
Nice combined bowl and gloat, Ken. Keep it up!