PDA

View Full Version : A Little Goat....

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 7:12 PM
Last Sunday was my birthday and my wife gifted me with a set of diamond hones and a set of the PSI Versa Chisels and a 1 inch roughing gouge and a 3/4 inch spindle gouge. For the pic police:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/challagan/NewTurningTools.jpg

Now... in about a week and a half I have 4 days by myself in the shop with no body home as the wife and kids will be in the windy city. So I am preparing for a heavy turning weekend :D

Sure glad to see SMC up again!

Corey

Jim Ketron
07-28-2006, 7:28 PM
Congrats on both!
Have fun!

Don Baer
07-28-2006, 7:30 PM
Great Gloat..Enjoy em.

Lee DeRaud
07-28-2006, 7:43 PM
When I saw the thread title, "A Little Goat...", I just assumed you had a new kid. :cool: :p

Enjoy!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-28-2006, 7:48 PM
Congrats on the wife and the tools Corey!

Ernie Nyvall
07-28-2006, 7:57 PM
Alright Corey! Nice gloats.

Ernie

Travis Stinson
07-28-2006, 8:04 PM
Way to go Corey! Nice goat.........errrr...gloat.;)

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 8:07 PM
Thanks guys!
Lee.... bite your tounge man :eek: To damn old at 48!

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
07-28-2006, 8:29 PM
Nice gloat Corey. Can't wait to hear about the versa chisels. Yep the cat is gone and the mouse is going to play. :p

Bart Leetch
07-28-2006, 8:49 PM
Nice flock of little goats Corey so what do you do for an encore? Baaaaaaaaaa Bleeeeeeet goats that shear scrape wonders will never cease.:eek: :) Gee I wish I was 48 again or still. ;) :D

Mark Cothren
07-28-2006, 8:56 PM
Good goin' Corey! Congrats!

Tom Sherman
07-28-2006, 9:24 PM
Oh yeah I sure am glad the Creek is back. Great gloat Corey I think you'll like the tools.

Bob Noles
07-28-2006, 9:35 PM
Corey,

Those are great looking chisels and I'm jealous ;)

Let give you a little bad news though...... LOML has been out of town for one full week come tomorrow and I'll bet I have logged 3 hours in the shop total. We men have no idea how much work these little women do keeping us sorry guys up and the home as well until they are gone and we have to do it all ourself :eek: :eek:

Sure hope you get more time than I have :)

btw.... can't remember, but just in case I missed it..... HAPPY Birthday rascal :p

Barry Stratton
07-28-2006, 9:56 PM
Thanks guys!
Lee.... bite your tounge man :eek: To damn old at 48!

Corey

Never too old for that my man!!!!!!

Great goat Corey! Go make some dust and post some pics. Hey, looks like you are set up to try some bowls.....

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Corey,

Let give you a little bad news though...... LOML has been out of town for one full week come tomorrow and I'll bet I have logged 3 hours in the shop total. We men have no idea how much work these little women do keeping us sorry guys up and the home as well until they are gone and we have to do it all ourself :eek: :eek:

btw.... can't remember, but just in case I missed it..... HAPPY Birthday rascal :p

Thanks Buddy.... but I will be doing all my chores before she even leaves and the only thing I have to do is feed myself. Looks like a weekend of donuts, soda, chips, beer, hotdogs...more beer... :D

Corey

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Never too old for that my man!!!!!!

Great goat Corey! Go make some dust and post some pics. Hey, looks like you are set up to try some bowls.....

Barry, thanks a million man...but.....what's a bowl? :p

Corey

Bart Leetch
07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
"Thanks Buddy.... but I will be doing all my chores before she even leaves and the only thing I have to do is feed myself. Looks like a weekend of donuts, soda, chips, beer, hotdogs...more beer"

Dooooolap coming on. Oh doooo it lap over the belt. Doooo keep it out of the lathe. It would not be a good turn.

But please to have fun!!!!! :D :D :D

Andy Hoyt
07-28-2006, 10:20 PM
....donuts, soda, chips, beer, hotdogs...more beer... Don't listen to a thing Bart says Corey. Your survival kit appears to be adequately and properly stocked with all manner of health food.

Mental Health Food that is.

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 10:25 PM
"Thanks Buddy.... but I will be doing all my chores before she even leaves and the only thing I have to do is feed myself. Looks like a weekend of donuts, soda, chips, beer, hotdogs...more beer"

Dooooolap coming on. Oh doooo it lap over the belt. Doooo keep it out of the lathe. It would not be a good turn.

But please to have fun!!!!! :D :D :D

BBRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
Whoops ...sorry :o

Tom Sherman
07-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks Buddy.... but I will be doing all my chores before she even leaves and the only thing I have to do is feed myself. Looks like a weekend of donuts, soda, chips, beer, hotdogs...more beer... :D

Corey

Corey be very very careful beer and spinny things are not freindly to one another:D

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Corey be very very careful beer and spinny things are not freindly to one another:D

No worries Tom.... I won't get into the blue yummies (Miller Lite) until I am done in the shop :)

Corey

Barry Stratton
07-28-2006, 10:58 PM
No worries Tom.... I won't get into the blue yummies (Miller Lite) until I am done in the shop :)

Corey

Miller Lite, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:eek: :eek:

Budweiser man, Budweiser!!!!!!! In those aluminum bottle thingies!!!!

And a bowl is what you eat ice cream out of at home.....

Corey Hallagan
07-28-2006, 11:09 PM
OH yeah..... those things that Andy uses :)

Corey

Lee DeRaud
07-28-2006, 11:20 PM
And a bowl is what you eat ice cream out of at home.....Bowls are for wimps who believe that "number of servings" BS on the side of the carton. :cool:

Barry Stratton
07-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Bowls are for wimps who believe that "number of servings" BS on the side of the carton. :cool:

There is more than 1 serving???????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tom Sherman
07-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Am I to understand that the container they come in Ice cream that is, is not the one your supposed to eat out of.

Corey Hallagan
07-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Tom.... according to some members here they turn these things called bowls. Can yah believe it!

Corey

Bart Leetch
07-29-2006, 12:32 AM
"worries Tom.... I won't get into the blue yummies (Miller Lite) until I am done in the shop"

So now its a blue light special Dooooolap where did you get it K-Mart.:D :D :D

Oh well I guess a lite Dooooolap won't hang as far over the belt. Ya you may even be able to see you shoes to tie them.

I've had to cut down on my ice cream intake.

Right.........

Right now all I have in the freezer is Dryers
Slow Churned Lite ice cream keeps my dooooolap small.

In flavors of Peanut Butter Cup, Fudge Tracks, Mint Chocolate Chip & Butter Pecan.

Zowee I just looked out the door & there is a big cloud of dust building up to the east I think it may be Andy. Not to worry its a long ways from Maine to Washington so I'll have time to eat this ice cream & go buy more & the store is only 2 block away.

So whats takin you so long Andy?