PDA

View Full Version : Five Barns Contest Winners

Bill Grumbine
07-28-2006, 7:08 PM
Greetings all

I keep meaning to get this posted, and only think about it when I am not near the computer, but finally here it is. This is a list of people who won door prizes donated by various individuals. All one had to do was show up and fill out a paper. If you missed filling out a paper, it is because you did not see the sign on the shop door coming in. Better luck next year.

Gift Certificate for two days of class at the Philadelphia Furniture Workshop. For those of you unfamiliar with this school, it is a new one started up by Alan Turner. I participated in the inaugural class taught by Jeff Jewitt. Mario Rodriguez is also one of those working with the school. Have I dropped enough big names yet? ;-) Anyway, the certificate was won by Andy Blackwell.

Torque Arrested Laser Guided Hollowing Rig donated by Randy Privett of Superior Tools. Randy makes a number of different tools and accessories for woodturning. Won by Tom Sweeney.

Plastic coated steel tool handle for a 3/8" lathe tool donated by Andy Blackwell won by Mike Larvia.

Carving Incised Letterforms VHS tape donated by Martin Shupe and won by Jim DeLaney. Jim, I need you to email me your address so I can get this out to you.

Beyond the Basic Bowl: Advanced Bowl Techniques, DVD starring yours truly and donated by the same, won by Tom Metz.

Two halves of the plane contest board, each approximately 72" long, one a little narrower than the other, won by Les Winter and Anthony Yakonick.

Bill