PDA

View Full Version : Spent some more of my rusty money

Ken Salisbury
07-28-2006, 6:36 PM
Since my health has been improving on a daily basis I decided 3 weeks ago to purchase a fishing boat and get back to doing some serious fishing. I bought this old boat (Skibarge 14' 40HP Mariner):

After fishing with it 3 times I decided I need something much better. So I went this morning and traded the old boat a new one like this (17' Fisher Bass Boat 75HP Mercury-- Loaded, live wells (fish & minnows) fore and aft, foot operated trolling motor, 2 depth/fish finders - one on bow at the trolling motor and one on the console, rod storage:

So, now you know what I will be doing Saturday and Sunday daylight till dark (and maybe longer :) . I will also have a designated driver (Son-in-law so I can consume a Bud Light (or two) :D .

Pictures to follow on Monday.

Mike Sheppard
07-28-2006, 7:45 PM
Ken
Looks like a great boat. I say the worst day fishing is still much better than the best day working.
Mike

Ken Fitzgerald
07-28-2006, 7:47 PM
Enjoy it Ken!

Don Baer
07-28-2006, 7:49 PM
Super gloat Ken. Enjoy.

Forrest Price
07-28-2006, 7:59 PM
Now THAT'S an awesome gloat!! Boy oh BOY do I miss fishing!! Grandad would take me out on his SkiBarge off the coast of Eureka, CA to salmon fish..turned me as green as the boat! Little bitty boat on those GREAT BIG swells! Dad always did the bass tourneys with my Uncle in the Sacramento delta and we'd fish a bunch on Lake Oroville and Lake Shasta in Northern CA.

Some of you old timers might remember a commercial from McDonalds a long time back when they introduced the Egg Mcmuffin. 2 Fishermen by their boat trying to say the promo line for it. My pop was one of them. Met the producers on Lake Shasta and one thing led to another....

Not much for lakes where I am now, and an experienced river man, I am not! Would love to get out with my Son and do just what you're doing. Fish sun up til sundown, flippin a jig, tossin worms or crankbaits. Brings back good memories, and I thank you for that!!

Enjoy it!!!

Forrest

Tony Falotico
07-28-2006, 8:08 PM
Way to go Ken ......... Enjoy it !! :)

Whens the fry ?? I'll bring Beer !! :D :D

Marty Walsh
07-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Sweet setup Ken! I'll be waiting to see pics of your first livewell full!

- Marty -

Tom Hamilton
07-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Go Ken, there is nothing like a day on the water to clear one's mind and put a little food on the table.

Enjoy the launch!

Tom

Mark Rios
07-29-2006, 1:14 AM
WOOOOOOooooWEEEEEE......that is one sweet fishing boat. Nothing like fishing in style. And that's great style. WTG Ken.

I have one question though....where do you mount your lathe? :D :D :D

Enjoy the fishing Ken.

Bob Childress
07-29-2006, 7:32 AM
It wasn't enough I had tool envy, now I have to have boat envy! Great looking boat, Ken. Go show those fish who's boss.:D

Bernie Weishapl
07-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Great gloat Ken. Now go enjoy you deserve it.

Ron Jones near Indy
07-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Good for you Ken. You deserve a gloat like this!

tod evans
07-29-2006, 10:44 AM
lookin` for pics of fish and at least 6 empty barlypops. nice gloat ken. tod

Dennis Peacock
07-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Way to go Ken!!!!! Those fish better look out for Ken on the water. ;)

Terry Hatfield
07-29-2006, 7:22 PM
Yo Grandpa,

I never realized money would rust. :D :D :D

Here's wishing you many years of fishin' fun.

t

nic obie
07-29-2006, 7:52 PM
U da man . . .

There comes a time when we have to kick back and smell the rosewood.

Nice boat Ken.

Corey Hallagan
07-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey congrats there Ken! Both are great looking boats. But where's the lathe? I have never seen a bass boat with a washing machine in it?? Seriously congrats and enjoy and glad to hear the health is getting better. I recently helped my son rebuild his flat bottom john boat into a nice fishing boat with live well etc. He is using it at least 3 times a week.
Enjoy it Ken!
Corey

Curt Fuller
07-30-2006, 1:51 AM
Nice boat Ken. Now, tell us how the fishing has been.

Karl Laustrup
07-30-2006, 8:01 AM
Way to go Ken. :D :D

I presume we'll see the results of your weekend fishing expedition on these pages Monday morning. ;) :D

Karl

Tyler Howell
07-30-2006, 8:32 AM
Looks like a great one.:cool:
Great for this hot weather

Fred Voorhees
07-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Ken, your my kind of guy! That is about the level of boat that I will be looking for when I retire in, now, less than seven years. That one will be for the lakes and reservoirs in the area. I will still keep my trusty old 14' aluminum v-hull for our occasional bass fishing floats down the Delaware River. Good luck with that beauty.

Fred Voorhees
07-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Go Ken, there is nothing like a day on the water to clear one's mind and put a little food on the table.

Enjoy the launch!

Tom
You hit the nail right on the head Tom. I call it -----mental therapy.