PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
07-28-2006, 5:43 PM
Friday July 28th, 2006

Well, this is really late today, but better late than never. Which is what I was beginning to think after the last two days. WOW!! Two days without a "Creek" fix was almost more than I could stand.

Thanks Aaron for getting us back up and running.

Now it's gonna be too hot to do much of anything except sit in the A/C this weekend around here. Calling for 95+ both days and humid. So, I'll just sit and watch something on the tube while I suck up some ice tea, margaritas, beer or whatever else sounds good.

Ken, in Idaho, you had best spend the weekend cleaning, doing laundry, get the dishes done, 'cause the way I figure MOMMA is coming home soon. :eek: :D :D

As for the rest of you, what's up Doc???

Enjoy, have fun and be safe.

Karl

Steve Clardy
07-28-2006, 5:47 PM
Samo samo. Just work

Jim Becker
07-28-2006, 5:49 PM
Picnic here on Saturday. Picnic there on Sunday. Everywhere a picnic...e-i-e-i-o!!

Don Baer
07-28-2006, 6:25 PM
Flyiing back to california in the AM tomarrow. Gonna finish packing Sat, Sunday and Tue. Movers comming on Wed and gonna drive LOML back to Phoenix On Wed. The neighbors are thowing a going away BAR-B-Que for us on Sunday. We've lived there for 19 years.

Dennis Peacock
07-28-2006, 6:39 PM
Well, the BIL, SIL and their kids are still here visiting so it's time with them.

Did a little ww'ing with the BIL, will finish things up before they leave Saturday morning. Planning on more work in the shop Saturday, and then church and bass playing on Sunday.

Been on vacation this week and it will be back to work on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Dennis Peacock
07-28-2006, 6:40 PM
Picnic here on Saturday. Picnic there on Sunday. Everywhere a picnic...e-i-e-i-o!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Picnic type of diet there Jim? ;)

Al Willits
07-28-2006, 9:06 PM
Great to see SMC back, thanks.

With temps right at 100 this weekend, I pass on marathons and soccer this weekend, and probably spend brief periods in the garage cleaning and making cabinets.

Need to go to menards and pick up some plywood and look for one large parts bin to replace the slew of little plastic parts bins I have all over the garage, need more floor space.

Taking it easy this weekend, and moving even slower than I usually do.

Al who just remembered he don't do marathons or soccer....:D

Bart Leetch
07-28-2006, 9:09 PM
I'll be finishing the bowl I started a few days ago seen here.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=40274

Latest addition 7/29 9:20 AM last night I decided to rebuild the roller bracket on the tail end of my boat trailer so I went out & cut the metal for it. So in a little while I be outside taking the boat off of the trailer & sizing things up drilling the metal & preparing to weld it together. This should make getting the boat on & off of the trailer easier.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-28-2006, 9:14 PM
Well.......I"ve got some company work to do....about 4 hours.....play with my new captive ring tool........mow the lawn........play with my new captive ring tool........spray for weeds.........play with my new captive ring tool........laundry........play with my new captive ring tool.......vacumn the house......play with my new captive ring tool.......

Karl......did I mention that I ordered a captive ring tool and it arrived today?:D

I'm on vacation next week. Wife arrives in Spokane late Monday evening. I'll pick her up. She had me call the oldest son and wife...the granddaughter and her spouse and invite them over for dinner Tuesday evening. She told me to tell the granddaughter to bring the great granddaughter over and she'd baby sit while we eat supper.

Jim O'Dell
07-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks to Bob N. for pointing me to this thread. I thought it had been in the woodworking/tools forum and met it's demise when all the funny stuff started the other day.
I had planned to work on my cyclone ducting after work today, but leaving work a little early didn't happen, so I wasn't able to pick up the 2 pieces of 6" PVC that I needed. :( So, I'll have to find a sofa to hold down while the world turns around it. :cool: Have a good one! Jim.

Fred Voorhees
07-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Don't have much planned for this weekend. What with the heat, I really don't want to be out in it doing any kind of physical work. I have enough of sweating all week at the real job and want the weekends to be a little more, ah, "relaxed" and dry if you know what I mean. Will be hitting the dirt track races tonight. A buddy of mine organized an effort that will be doubling the purses in all of the divisions that run in honor of a buddy of his that has been afflicted with cancer all throughout his body. Nice thing to do! I haven't been there in a few weeks and I'm overdue and gettin' the itch.

Tom Hamilton
07-29-2006, 2:03 PM
Trying to stay inside. Got the mowing done yesterday so today is an all AC day. Well, not totally, I did ride the bike 7 miles this AM.

I'm refinishing the oak table breakfast room that I grew up with; getting ready for the big birthday dinner tomorrow night for daughter and SIL; they are two days apart. Crab cakes, yumm!

Birthday party tonight for a friend's 60's.

Church and church bookstore tomorrow.

Enjoy, stay cool, Tom in Houston, in the AC and creeping up on 300.

David Wilson
07-29-2006, 4:54 PM
My 40 year HS class reunion is tonight. Gues I am getting old but it is better than the alternative. The weather people are predicting 100 deg tomorrow so I will hang out in AC comfort.