PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
09-26-2003, 9:05 AM
Good Friday Morning Everyone,

Weather has finally cooled down a little here in Okieland, so to celebrate, we are meeting friends for a weekend of camping, canoeing and fishing. Haven't canoed or fished for about five years and I'm looking forward to it, however, I may have to take a little bag of sawdust with me so I can get a fix every few hours! ;)

So what are your plans for the weekend?

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

Byron Trantham
09-26-2003, 9:27 AM
Finally finished cleaning up after Isabel. 13 loads of tree limbs to the dump! Got a new Stihl saw to replace my McCullough that died at the most inopportune time. Will be working on the last of the sides of the crib. Lost a week due to the storm.

We get our Christmas decorations out this weekend. You read it right. It takes us about two months to put up everything! Looks like Macy's when LOML finishes.

Y'all be safe this weekend.

PS Love that saw! :D

David Klug
09-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Hey Bob dittos on the fishing. Some friends and I are headed for Lake Berryesa for a little kokene (sp) and rainbow fishing.

Dave

Jim Becker
09-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Backsplash tile work and entertaining SWMBO's brother, spouse and two teenage kids who will be visiting for the weekend. One day will probably be spent at the arts festival in Doylestown...a friend (and stealth SMC member) is performing and I've been looking for an opportunity to hear her group play. Hopefully, the weather will hold out.

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Saturday, if the weather cooperates, I will be cutting a little wood, and hopefully some Turning Wood from the Box Elder at my Folks place. Also need to finish up a customer project and get it ready to ship. Sunday, have Mass and then the St. Louis Rams Football Game. Hopefully, SWMBO and I will get to witness a pounding of the Arizona (Formerly St. Louis) Cardinals ! :D Monday is our Anniversary, and LOML wanted to attend the Football Game, so off we go! (Yes, she is an AVID Football Fan.) Should be a good time! Have a good weekend all! :)

Phil Phelps
09-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Again, no golf in the future. I'll bet my handicap is in the 100's. We do have summer still goin on in Big D, so more yard work. The State Fair of Texas opens today. Probably spend a coupla grand there. And that's just the parkin' :D Have a great weekend folks. :)

Ace Karner
09-26-2003, 1:03 PM
I'm building a 8 x 12 foot shed to store junk and to park the Harley so I can get into my shop/ got three walls and half the trusses up so should be weathered in by Sun evening.

John Miliunas
09-26-2003, 1:05 PM
This is an easy one: Packing. :( Packing. :( After I do that, I get to do more packing. :( Hopefully, I will get a chance to get over to the "new" shop and do some cleaning (the guy left a LOT of crapola behind.), so that I can start unpacking. Then some more unpacking. After that.....You know the rest. :D :cool:

Mike Evertsen
09-26-2003, 1:25 PM
my weekend started today,,,saturday I will be in the shop running electric and moving dust collector pipe,,,sunday I might be able to start painting the ceiling,,,,,

Mike Sweat
09-26-2003, 1:41 PM
Cleaning the shop, general maintenance needs on my toy...er' tools, start putting my garden to bed for the winter. I'm betting that Sun. afternoon I'll get to make a little sawdust though.

George Bledsoe
09-26-2003, 4:12 PM
I am going on a roadtrip for some Butternut logs. My BIN wants some and I like it as a contrasting color to Walnut. Not real common in my neck of the woods.

Todd Burch
09-26-2003, 5:45 PM
I'll paint my last coats of white oil enamel on 2 bookcases, 8 doors, 10 shelves and baseboard and crown (MAN will I be glad to be done painting for a while...). I'll be making some cut lists for another cabinet job I sold last week. Today is my wife's birthday. She's out shopping (buying herself something...) and tonight we go to dinner with friends in celebration. Saturday we are invited to an old neighbor's 50th wedding anniversary party. Sunday, church. Depending on how painting goes Saturday, I may or may not get to make any sawdust.

Todd.

Chad Pater
09-26-2003, 8:33 PM
I'm getting ready to start harvesting soybean. Probably start next week. This is a busy time of year for me but I'm looking forward to winter when I do 85% of my woodworking.
Saturday is my sons birthday party, he turns three Sunday.

Ted Calver
09-26-2003, 9:33 PM
I'm going to go wood scrounging and collect a few trunk sections from some of the big (14"+) Bradford Pear trees that Isabel dropped here in Hampton Roads. I understand pear turns and carves nicely. The number of trees felled in the area by this storm boggles the mind. The city forester in nearby Norfolk documented more than 1,400 trees down in city rights-of-way alone. The city of Hampton estimates it will fill the equivalent of 10 football fields to a depth of 9 feet with storm related tree debris. It's really hard to imagine the total extent of damage mamma nature inflicted on people and property in the path of this storm......makes you feel kinda humble and thankful to have survived in one piece!!.

Dennis Peacock
09-27-2003, 2:36 AM
Not too much for me. I have In-Laws that just arrived late this evening and it will be family visiting time for the next week. I wonder in the Bro-In-law would like to help me with a few WW'ing projects? :)

Robin Nagel
09-27-2003, 9:05 AM
Weather finally cooling and humidity down so I'll clean shop, then lay on some spray laquer on a cabinet for a friend, Looking foreward to getting back to Fun, Fun, Fun in the woodshop for the next fuw months. :D :D :D .

Ted Shrader
09-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Weather finally cooling and humidity down so I'll clean shop, then lay on some spray laquer on a cabinet for a friend, Looking foreward to getting back to Fun, Fun, Fun in the woodshop for the next fuw months. :D :D :D .
Hi Robin -

Welcome to the Creek. Glad you dropped by. Pull up a stump and sit a while.

Ted