PDA

View Full Version : So Which Festool sander did he buy?

Steve Roxberg
07-25-2006, 10:39 AM
The overwhelming decision to my question on which Festool sander to purchase for finishing work was the 150/3. So I went in and test drove one at the local Woodcraft. It is a very, very nice sander and I will purchase one someday. It did have two problems for me at this point in time. One it didn't make sanding any more fun that my current sander, and two it didn't make sanding any faster than my current sander. Dust collection was super, vibration was super. It just didn't add a new capability to my shop that didn't already exist.

So I got to thinking and ended up ordering the TS55 and MFT 1080 package. This will add some huge new capabilies to the shop and provide me with a place to use my old sander.

So the new question is which clamps, how many, any other accessory items I have to have with this package? Any experiences would be helpful.

Peter Pedisich
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Great choice, My MFT1080/ATF55/CT22 (and my PC310!) are the core of every project I do now.
Every hour in my shop now is more productive and enjoyable.

Good Luck!

Pete

Scott Coffelt
07-25-2006, 3:34 PM
I like the angle kit, gives you about all you need for clamps stop, extra strip, plus it comes in a systainer.