PDA

View Full Version : A testament to Timberwolf blades

Kirk (KC) Constable
07-24-2006, 3:34 PM
Today I put a new 1/4" Timberwolf blade on the bandsaw (JET 18"). I twisted it opening it up, and put some significant 'bends' in it trying to get it straightened back out. Then I tightened it down, but forgot to adjust the side roller guides so the teeth were between the guides :( and sparks were flying everywhere. BTW, it takes a LONG time for that saw to shut down when you're watching the brand new expensive blade cutting into the roller thingies. :eek: Anyhoo, I adjusted the guides and commenced to cutting, not expecting much because I figured the blade was trashed. And it cut like it WAS trashed. And then I looked at it closely...and you know the rest of the story. :o

So I took it off, kinked it some more turning it around, and loaded it back up. Cuts like a champ. :D

That was my first time of actually trying to CUT with the blade wrong. I've installed it wrong before, but caught myself in time. It was humbling.

KC

Lee DeRaud
07-24-2006, 3:42 PM
So I took it off, kinked it some more turning it around, and loaded it back up. Cuts like a champ. :D

That was my first time of actually trying to CUT with the blade wrong. I've installed it wrong before, but caught myself in time. It was humbling.What is the right way, kinks up or kinks down?!? :eek: :p :D

Lars Thomas
07-24-2006, 5:19 PM
Actually, good thing it was up-side, or else it would have been trashed. Subconsciously, you obviously meant to do it that way – yea, that’s the ticket. :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
07-24-2006, 9:39 PM
Kinky story, KC... :D :D :D