PDA

View Full Version : bosch router hole pattern?

John Piwaron
07-24-2006, 2:14 PM
:confused: I'm building the NYW Deluxe Router table.

It calls for the large Rockler aluminum plate. The large plate comes predrilled for a Bosch 1619 router. I have a 1617EVS. What I want to know is if the hole pattern is the same as far as attaching to the plate.

I also see that the large one can be obtained "blank" but I'm not sure if that means it's really just a flat plate, or if that means I just have to add the mounting holes for the router.

Does anyone here know if the 1617 and the 1619 hole pattern is equal?

Louis Brandt
07-24-2006, 2:38 PM
Hello John,
I have Bosch's RA1171 router table. It has a predrilled metal mounting plate. In the manual that came with the table, it shows the predrilled holes for the 1619 and also the predrilled holes for the 1617, and they are not the same.
Louis

glenn bradley
07-24-2006, 2:44 PM
I used a Rockler blank plate for both my table routers. the plate comes with a center hole, two bit hole plates; one for PC collers and one solid (for you to size) and the screws to hold them in. The only thing missing are the mounting holes for the router itself. BTW, I was almost put off by the $49 - $69 price tag till I realized the bit hole plates are around $10 each.

John Piwaron
07-24-2006, 2:48 PM
Thanks for the advise, Louis & Glenn

Steve Roxberg
07-24-2006, 2:59 PM
I have a Bosch 1617 in the table and purchased the Woodhaven insert and had them predrill it for me. They even included the correct lengh screw. I don't remember what it cost, but it was well worth the price.

www.woodhaven.com

I like their leveling system for the insert as well.

Gary McKown
07-24-2006, 3:04 PM
One other tidbit - if you can get a plate for the PC 69x series, the 1617 (fixed base) has mounting holes for that pattern.

JayStPeter
07-24-2006, 3:19 PM
The 1617 has two sets of screws in the fixed base. One is a 4-hole pattern, the other is the 3-hole PC standard. I'm not sure if the 4-hole pattern matches the 1619, but I don't think so.
It shouldn't be too much effort to use a different mounting plate (unless you've already cut the hole). Just make sure the bit/insert center is in the same location with whatever insert you get. I'm partial to the woodpeck inserts as they are all the same size so you can upgrade to a router lift someday without trashing your top. Since I've built a number of tops for my router table for insert changes, I'm sensitive to this fact. I'm sure Norm chose the large Rockler plate so he could fit his massive PC router without removing the handles. The downside is at least one dimension of that plate is (well was a couple years ago anyway) bigger than any other plate on the market, so you'll always have to use the large rockler plate. If you ever want to upgrade to a lift mechanism, it is worth thinking about before cutting too large a hole.

Jay

John Piwaron
07-24-2006, 3:38 PM
Doesn't Rockler sell a router raiser system too? I'd have to think they offer one for this large plate.

One thing I got to thinking about is hanging my huge PC plunge router (7528?) under it along with my Bosch. Perhaps I can buy the plate for the PC and drill extra holes for the Bosch.

Good point about the PC mounting holes in the Bosch router. I've always wondered why there were extra holes in it's base.

JayStPeter
07-24-2006, 4:33 PM
Doesn't Rockler sell a router raiser system too? I'd have to think they offer one for this large plate.

For plunge routers, add ons like the router raizer can be added to any plate by drilling another hole in it. If you want a true lift, it comes attached to a plate. Last I checked, all the plates/lifts rockler sells are different sizes. Maybe they've changed since then. After rebuilding my top to change inserts, it's just something I would pay attention to if I had to do it again.

Jay