PDA

View Full Version : New RAS cabinet...

Kelly C. Hanna
07-24-2006, 8:01 AM
After finding a very nice Craftsman RAS, I knew it was time to mount it permanently in a cabinet. So I took a couple of days off this last week and made it a four day weekend. 1 day was spent in Canton painting the new shop and one helpipng a buddy find a house here in Terrell.

The other two were jam-packed getting this project done, cleaning out the metal shed and re-arranging my outdoor wood storage. FUN!

http://www.hannawoodworks.com/RAScabinet.html

Bart Leetch
07-24-2006, 8:26 AM
Very nice concept & well done.

So Kelly what vintage is your Craftsman RAS?

Do you plan to put a catch box at the back & hook a DC to it?

Are you going to put a 1/4" or 1/2" replaceable top on the RAS so when it get a few years of use on it you can R&R it?

If I understand this right your Table-saw sets facing the RAS bench with a bench behind the table-saw & you feed material across it directly toward the RAS bench?

What are the dimensions of the inside of your shop?

Are you going to build up a support table on the right side of the RAS the same as you did on the left side? It looks like the base already there for it.

I'm looking forward to more pictures.:D

Corey Hallagan
07-24-2006, 8:44 AM
Looks good Kelly! Nice set up!

Corey

Hank Knight
07-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Kelly,

Thanks for posting your RAS bench project. I've been thinking about doing the same thing for a while. My RAS is not permanently mounted and it's a bear to keep lined up. Your shop set-up looks a lot like mine and your pics have given me some good ideas. Nice job.

Hank

Jim O'Dell
07-24-2006, 8:19 PM
Good work Kelly!! I also had a RAS project this weekend. Was able to do mine in one day.:cool: But it wasn't near as nice or involved as yours. I cut down the legs of my old RAS open leg cabinet to match the planned height of my future multipurpose wall cabinet, and mounted a Herc-U-Lift to it, then painted it. I still need to take my Dad's old RAS off it's metal boxed cabinet and mount on the revamped leg set. I had hoped it would fit into the multipurpose cabinet, but I can already see that it will stick out too far from the wall to work easily. May have to revamp things a bit.
Let us know when the next set of pictures are ready. I'm anxious to see it finished. Jim.