PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight 14" band saw upgrades?

Brian Clevenger
07-23-2006, 8:30 PM
I've had this saw for a while now, and never got around to ordering the 6" riser kit. I found out that the kit is no longer available. What other riser kits will fit this saw? I can get the JET kit at my local Rockler if it will fit. Grizzly and Delta also offer kits. I just don't know which one is a fit.

HF sells roller blade guides. Are these worthwhile, or would maple or coolblocks be better?

I just added the Rockler band saw table. I really hadn't payed these any attention, but I got an email today that said I could get one for $79. It seemed like the easiest and cheapest way to add a fence (other than the board and clamps I've been using). I'll go install it after dinner, and try to give some impressions if I get it on in time to make some test cuts. BTW, I never missed only having 6" resaw, because I only have a 6" jointer; but the Rockler table is going to take and inch away from that. A couple of things I like about the table are the larger worksurface and that it has a circle-jig built in.

Alex Berkovsky
07-23-2006, 9:13 PM
Brian,
Word has it that Grizzly's H7316 riser kit (http://www.grizzly.com/products/H7316) will fit.

Brian Clevenger
07-23-2006, 9:55 PM
I forgot to mention.....

Rockler Deal/No Deal for today has the band saw table for 79.99. You have to print out the coupon, but it is good until next Saturday.

Andy Fox
07-24-2006, 10:10 AM
If you use blades 1/8" or smaller, you can embed the blade in wood blocks for better support. I've tried rollers and blocks on different saws, and I prefer blocks. Although, if I had a dedicated resawing bandsaw, I might consider rollers.