PDA

View Full Version : Beall buffing system vs. Oneway system

Ben Rafael
07-23-2006, 8:03 PM
Is there a significant difference between the two?

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-23-2006, 9:21 PM
Since I like all of the Oneway products I own, but have not tried their buffing system, I went to their site and looked at their system. I own a Beal System and like it very much.

You asked about differences.

The Beal system does not have the metal ring/cleats around where the arbor fits. Beal wins here, in my opinion.

They both use similar Tripoly, White Diamond, and Carnuba wax. A toss up.

I didn't see a Morris taper adapter available from Oneway. Since I polish after turning, right on the lathe, the adapter is a great help to me. Beal wins.

I didn't see polishing balls available from Oneway. These are used to get inside bowls. Beal wins.

I have tried to be obvective here. I work part time for Woodcraft and we sell merchandise from both, but only stock the Beal system.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Ben Rafael
07-23-2006, 9:29 PM
Thanks for the reply Bruce.

Michael Armstrong
07-23-2006, 9:38 PM
i own the Oneway system and find it great for buffing. The wheels fit on mandrel that goes in your jacobs chuck so it is no problem to buff on the lathe. I've never had an issue with the metal collars on the wheels and don't see why they would make any difference in the buffing process unless you are pushing increadibly hard and running the wheels at a very slow speed.

Bruce is right that they don't sell bowl buffs and so i have purchased the beall buffs for that purpose.

i really think that it probably is a toss up between the two systems. Oneway is easier for me to get up here in Canada and i don't get charged an arm and a leg for shipping as i did when I ordered my bowl buffs from Beall.

Michael