PDA

View Full Version : Remember Gene Pitney?

Rob Littleton
07-23-2006, 6:11 PM
They said it would take 2 weeks (336 hours) to make him a coffin from Red Oak

or

24 hours from Balsa.........

boooooooo!!!!!!!

(I often wonder how my mind works)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-23-2006, 6:23 PM
You know you're certifiable don't you Rob?

Jim King
07-23-2006, 6:42 PM
(I often wonder how my mind works)

So do other people.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Frank Chaffee
07-23-2006, 7:54 PM
Hey Rob,
I’m coming thru Prescott next week, but praytell just who is Gene Pitney?

Frank

Ken Fitzgerald
07-23-2006, 8:03 PM
Frank............You old geezer!:D ..........You're 3 weeks and 2 days older than I am and you are claiming not to know who Gene Pitney is?............Yeah and I don't know who the Beatles were! A little hint........Town without Pity........She's a Heartbreaker.......Twenty Four Hours from Tulsa.........(The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance.......It hurts to be in love......Come on Frank...........I know you had some emotional trauma and shock recently :rolleyes: but cleanout the cobwebs......remember the days before mariguana, LSD, and other drugs became popular...........Gene Pitney......:D

Frank Chaffee
07-23-2006, 8:21 PM
Ken,
Guess that what one of dem grate ded guys said while still living must be true “If you remember the sixties you weren’t there.”

Frank

Mark Rios
07-23-2006, 8:26 PM
Gene Pitney was a mediocre singer songwriter.

Okay, okay.....I'm just teasing.

He was a great singer, songwriter, musician, producer, entertainer, etc. He had songs like, "Only Love Can Break a Heart", "24 Hours From Tulsa", "A Town Without Pity", "Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", "It Hurts to be in Love", among many, many others.

He died in his hotel in England in the middle of a tour on the night of April 4 or early morning of April 5. He was found mid-morning in his bed.

He is from Connecticut.

Rob Littleton
07-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Thru Prescott??? On your way to where?

Let me know dates and stuff, see if we can hook up real quick.

Hey Rob,
I’m coming thru Prescott next week, but praytell just who is Gene Pitney?

Frank

Frank Chaffee
07-24-2006, 1:00 AM
Hey Rob!
Thanks for the invite to hook up!

Gf and I will be rolling thru Prescott on Sunday, the thirtieth of July, after her son’s wedding in Sedona. I think we will continue on to Tucson that same evening, but we have friends in Prescott and will certainly be back there for visits, so if we cannot connect this time around I’m sure we can get together next year (after I move back there).

Cool dude, have wanted to meet you for some time now!

Will email when I get there and know more.

Frank

Frank Chaffee
07-24-2006, 1:15 AM
Gene Pitney was a …
He was a great singer, songwriter, musician, producer, entertainer, etc. He had songs like…"It Hurts to be in Love"
Hey wait a minute here Mark,
I thought I wrote that song!
And if I didn’t write the song I’m sure I starred in the movie.

Frank,
Trying to recall…