PDA

View Full Version : Tablesaw fence alignment help...

Jason Simon
07-23-2006, 9:58 AM
Hi All-

I just replaced my Jet Contractor saw with a 3hp SawStop.

I bought the SawStop 36" extension table and fence.

I've started to make an assembly table, to use as an outfeed table when necessary, and part of the construction requires strips of plywood about 4" wide. I'm using the OEM SS blade, which looks to be a combo/crosscut blade with ~60 teeth.

I've noticed on the cuts that I'm getting a slight blade burn about 3/4 throught the cut. I'm thinking that the fence might either be too exactly parallel, or angles in a hair to the blade.

How do you all align your fence? Do you put it slightly out to the back?

Thanks

Jason

Mark Singer
07-23-2006, 10:06 AM
It should be slightly out at the back...like a 64th. The blade should be aligned with the miter slots....it should be but check it by inserting a tight board in the miter slot and using a digital caliper atfront and back of the blade. Then adjust the fence to the blade...on the Biesmeyer there are 2 screws on the fence at the front. Again use the calipers from the fence to the blade and allow a slight bit more in the rear o the blade

Per Swenson
07-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi Jason,

Also Welcome.

You want that fence skewwd .002 on the out feed.

Read this. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=29246&highlight=.002

Congrats on the sawstop.

Per

tod evans
07-23-2006, 10:09 AM
jason, i toe a fence out the thickness of the first business card out of my wallet...it`s not dificult. never seen the sawstop fence but like mark said it should be adjustable like the bies...02 tod

Jason Simon
07-23-2006, 10:18 AM
All-

Thanks for the tips.
I'm no machinist expert, but I think I can handle this...

Thanks again.

Jason