Now you get two Fathers Days each year!

I know you will enjoy that machine!

I have an Alpha96 and love it.

Keep us posted!

Ed

Bob Reda
07-23-2006, 8:03 AM
David,

Congraulations! I finally put the juice to mine and breathe life into it! I finally took it out for a test spin.

Bob

Mitchell Andrus
07-23-2006, 8:12 AM
Dave, I'm green with envy. If I had a little more room, I'd increase the size of my family too, but the laser took the last of my available space.

Good luck, and don't forget to put a little away each month for college.

Mitch

Keith Outten
07-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the ShopBot family David. I don't need a cystal ball to see what you will be doing in the near future.

What I can't see is what you are going to do with all the money your going to make :)

Enjoy your new Bot!

Joe Pelonio
07-23-2006, 2:30 PM
Even the shipping crate looks great!

Brett Halle
07-23-2006, 7:45 PM
Congratulations on your new "baby."

I love my ShopBot (PRTAlpha96 w/ATC, airdrill, etc.) ... it's just amazing the things you can do with it.

What kinds of projects are you hoping to do with your Bot? Cabinets? V-Carving?

--Brett

Brent Vander Weil
07-23-2006, 11:51 PM
(Hmmmm a new toy...) He mutters under his breath as the Mrs. settles in next to him to read her book.... Best judgement tells him not to introduce the thought of a new family member when he just spent the big bucks or the laser about 3months ago :-) LOL

Keith Outten
07-24-2006, 6:56 AM
No worries Brent, you have plenty of time. I waited two years to order my ShopBot after I got my Laser Engraver.

Of course my friend Ed Lang only waited about 30 days :)

David Harvey
07-24-2006, 7:14 AM
Thanks all!
To say the least, this has been one busy weekend. I've got the baby assembled and aligned and she's now working under her own power. That table for it was a bear! Man, what a beast that was!

I also ordered the proximity sensors and the emergency stop button and all installed without hitch. I was really amazed at how accurate the assembly instructions were. They did a good job there. From all of the bags of bolts, nuts, washers, brackets, etc., I was sure that I was going to come up short somewhere, like what happens in everything else I buy and have to assemble, but it all worked out without problems...no shortages! Kudos to ShopBot!
The only real problem I had was with the new computer system I purchased for use with the bot...It worked 15 minutes and 'died'. Had to take it back and get another one, so that by itself, cut deep into my weekend time for devotion to the Bot assembly.

I did come up short on my dust collection hose as I need to add another length to get it over to the collection system, so will have to wait a few days before I can seriously look at cutting some wood.

But the system is now working and is controllable.

More later...

David

Ed Lang
07-24-2006, 7:47 AM
Sounds great! Glad you didn't have too much down time due to a computer problem!!

Just remove the dust skirt and start cutting, let the chips fly and start the learning. I don't think I would want to cut MDF like this but I do cut solid real wood like this from time to time.

Be sure to post pictures of the machine and of course your projects.

Ed

David Harvey
07-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Well, the temptation is really there to make some chips fly, but in my shop I also have digital printing and sign making equipment, so it needs to be as dust free as possible. My first cutting task will probably be surfacing the spoiler board (MDF) and I know this will generate a huge amount of dust.

Will definitely post pics of the first project off !

David

Tom Radachi
07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Let's see you bounce that "baby" on your knee!
Congrats!
Tom