PDA

View Full Version : CMT Router Table Anyone know of it?

Forrest Price
07-22-2006, 4:00 PM
Hi folks, in my quest for a router table to replace the New Yankee one that burned up, I've come across the CMT router table. Does anyone here have any info on it? It appears to use quick connect connections, and I'm not sure how stable that might be.

Would like to hear some feedback from anyone that has it. Also perhaps some suggestions for a router lift too.

Thanks,
Forrest

Gary Curtis
07-22-2006, 6:31 PM
I considered the CMT, but instead decided on a router mounted in the TS extension table. One reason for that choice was not being able to get feedback on the CMT from owners. And I couldn't find one to look at.

I considered CMT, and the BenchDog. But, whatever table you get, think about saving $300 by getting a router with a built in lift. The Milwaukee 16 and 25 models, the PC 890, and one of the Bosch models. These all can be adjusted from above the table with a small wrench.

Also reduces weight on the router table itself.

Gary Curtis

John Lucas
07-22-2006, 6:41 PM
Forrest,
I have the CMT table and it is just fine. The cabinet is made up of 3/4 particle board with all the knock down connectors and it woorks great.

Russ Massery
07-22-2006, 6:51 PM
Forrest, I was going to give you link to john lucas'a site. I see he beat me to it. Here's one where you can buy it. http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/catalog.asp

Forrest Price
07-22-2006, 8:01 PM
Gary, I too was thinking of the TS wing install, but I really want some good dust collection, and therefore need to keep it ina cabinet.

I had a nice setup with the New Yankee cabinet with an M12V router in it, but the worst part was setting bit height. I really want to get something this time that I can get some kind of lift on to make it easier for me and my family to use the thing.

John, thanks for the info..and the email:).

Russ, thanks for the link. I was looking at it thru Woodcraft as well. Didn't have the sommerfeld link.

Thanks guys, hopefully I can get something together soon. Got some projects stewing!!:D