PDA

View Full Version : Was a little wet this morning

Robert Mickley
07-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Ok I lied, its really wet. Beavers built a damn in the stream and now it rained buckets this morning. Had to ford the creek taking the wife to work. Pictures are from just down the road and the bottom end of the pasture. Scooter(the horse) doesnt' seem to mind

Ken Fitzgerald
07-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Robert..........Yup looks like it's wet!

Here in Idaho they don't know what a real "toad strangler" is.......and don't have the amenities to handle it. Once in the 24 years I've lived here it rained 4" in 4 hours here. The largest hospital in the area had 4" of water running down the halls of the ER, Surgery and Radiology departments. No drainage ditches and as we all know water finds the lowest level. Turns out the hospital is the lowest level in a 2 block area and any department that had an outside door got flooded. :eek:

In Lewiston, our total moisture annual moisture is 12". 2" less we'd be a desert.

Fred Voorhees
07-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Yep, that is becoming a rather familiar sight around here in the Jersey/Pennsy area.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I hear beavers make good hats....... :rolleyes: :D

Hope you dry out soon.

Karl Laustrup
07-22-2006, 3:34 PM
It seems all the storms are ending up over your way Robert, and back in PA & NY. It almost seems like we're turning into a desert back here. The 2 &1/2 inches we got Wednesday came down so quick and the ground was so dry and hard I don't think much of it soaked in. Hopefully we'll get some more today and tomorrow.

Ken, I didn't realize you were that dry out there. Are you on the western or eastern side of the Rockies?

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
07-22-2006, 5:11 PM
Karl...........we are on the western side of the Rockies and on the eastern side of the desert between the Rockies and the Cascades.

Robert Mickley
07-22-2006, 9:28 PM
I hear beavers make good hats....... :rolleyes: :D

Hope you dry out soon.

I could send you one :D beaver that is. Of course it may stink a bit by the time it gets there :D:D