PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all wood turners

Claude Arragon
07-22-2006, 6:14 AM
Good Morning every one.
I discovered your forum and loved the atmosphere you created here.
We might not be often “on line together” as I am in <ST1:pItaly)</ST1:p.
Woodturning is not yet very popular here as we are at the stage where the traditional wood turners passed away, their sons took another job or moved to NC lathes…
You might say I’m lucky as I have no competition around. That might be the nice side of it.
Glad to be here together with you .

Please see profile for the la truciolara site. Thanks.

Karl Laustrup
07-22-2006, 7:13 AM
Welcome to the haywire and fun side of the "Creek". Not that the other forums aren't fun, just not as crazy and vocal as the "Turners Forum".

We do like pictures. There is a fantastic tutorial on posting pictures in the support forum, if you might need the help.

Looking forward to hearing more about you and seeing some of your work.

Karl

Dick Parr
07-22-2006, 8:45 AM
Welcome to the Creek and as Karl has mentioned, we love lots of pictures and from what I saw on your site, there will be some nice ones.;)

Christopher K. Hartley
07-22-2006, 8:48 AM
You're right about the atmosphere here. I really hate it when I go to some of the other boards and see what goes on there. These folks are great! I looked at your site and you have some beautiful stuff. I hope you will join in posting som pictures of your work here. Welcome to the Creek!:)

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-22-2006, 9:16 AM
Welcome from the other side of the world!

Yes the Creek is a great place, but watch out for them Turners.........whoops, too late :D

Hey Andy, he has Mayo in his shop!! :D

Ken Salisbury
07-22-2006, 9:24 AM
Please see this thread concerning signature lines:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=39739

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif

Bernie Weishapl
07-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Welcome to Creek. Lots of good people and lots of knowledge. Look forward to lots of pictures.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the Creek! From beginners to pros they are all here willing to share knowledge!

Jim King
07-22-2006, 12:29 PM
It is always a pleasure to see the different styles of other countries. As the others have said PHOTOS and more photos. I am Jim from Peru, another foreigner.

Andy Hoyt
07-22-2006, 1:12 PM
Che cosa č il vostro nome?

Claude Arragon
07-22-2006, 3:27 PM
Many thanks to all of you fir these warm welcomes!ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>
Got it : pictures, and pictures and more picture…;) <O:p></O:p>
Ken! Sorry about that. I made the correction.<O:p></O:p>
Handy Hoit: Thanks for the effort in Italian, it was a good trial (come ti chiami?) so the answer is Claude.<O:p></O:p>

John Miliunas
07-22-2006, 3:54 PM
OK, so I'm totally Italian challenged but, I gather your name is Claude? That being the case, and as I mentioned in my PM, Welcome to the Creek, Claude! It's great to have folks from all over the globe adding knowledge, tips and inspiration. :)

Also, for those who haven't done so, I highly recommend checking out the site via his profile! Extraordinary work!!! I sincerely hope to see some of it unfold right here at the Creek. Again, welcome! Come often, stay long and, of course, don't forget the pictures! :D :cool:

Dennis Peacock
07-22-2006, 3:57 PM
Welcome to SMC..!!!!!

I spent 4 years in Italia. Tirrenia, between Pisa and Livorno. Been to Rome and several places not marked as tourist traps. :D But then again, that was late 1970's and early 1980's. ;)

Mark Cothren
07-22-2006, 4:03 PM
Welcome to the Creek! Nice site you have!

Vaughn McMillan
07-22-2006, 4:04 PM
Welcome to the Creek. We look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous woodturning. You are obviously not new to the art. :)

Hmmm...Canada, England, Germany, Austria, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Italy...SMC members in a lot of foreign countries. Even California. ;)

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
07-22-2006, 4:24 PM
...SMC members in a lot of foreign countries. Even California. ;)

- Vaughn

Hey Vaughn, I thought you said "foreign", not "weird"!!!:D :D :D :cool:

Brent Smith
07-22-2006, 5:56 PM
Welcome to the Creek Claude. I'm new to the turning forum ( spend most of my time in Neanderthal land) and these guys are a bit on the crazy side. So, hold onto your hat and get ready for the ride.

BTW.....nice stuff on your site.

Brent

George Conklin
07-22-2006, 6:27 PM
Wecome aboard, Claude.

Lots of picture will keep us happy:)

Tom Sherman
07-22-2006, 9:04 PM
Claude, it is good to have you join us here at the Creek. Form the looks of your website, you have a lot of knowledge and tricks to show us Welcome

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-22-2006, 9:56 PM
Thank you Claude for dropping by the creek. Hope you find as much friendship, knowledge and support as I have. Your work is awesome.

Bruce

Claude Arragon
07-23-2006, 6:19 AM
OK, so I'm totally Italian challenged but, I gather your name is Claude? That being the case, and as I mentioned in my PM, Welcome to the Creek, Claude! It's great to have folks from all over the globe adding knowledge, tips and inspiration. :)

Also, for those who haven't done so, I highly recommend checking out the site via his profile! Extraordinary work!!! I sincerely hope to see some of it unfold right here at the Creek. Again, welcome! Come often, stay long and, of course, don't forget the pictures! :D :cool:
That is too kind of you! Not extraordinary at all, just a little further than traditional bowls.
Yes if was an Italian challenge! Claude is my name, and that is a french name.:)

Mark Rios
07-23-2006, 7:08 AM
WOW...as a totally objective non-turner I'd say that Claude is definately a great addition to the Creek. Not only adding an Italian flair and "attitude" toward turning to the creek but also some serious competition to some of the rest of the wonderful talent here.

It's a wild and wacky bunch here.

Benvenuto e ben cotto Claude.

tod evans
07-23-2006, 8:03 AM
welcome claude!

Ken Salisbury
07-23-2006, 9:21 AM
It appears you are using the name of your website as your registered name here on SMC. In order to be a bono-fide member you must use a real first and last name. Please PM Jackie Outten (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=6)with that information and she will update your registration accordingly.

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/moderator.gif

Ed Scolforo
07-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Claude: Benvenuti! It's so ironic to find a new Sawmill Creek member from Verona since I just came back from visiting there (and Venice) two weeks ago! We did a family "roots" tour visiting the towns where my grandparents lived (Sorio and Mason), and got to see the church where they were married as well as the house my grandmother grew up in. Lake Garda is beautiful! While in Venice, my daughter's boyfriend proposed to her while on a gondola. Very romantic! Anyway, welcome to The Creek, where you won't find a friendlier bunch of guys. Your website shows some very impressive work by you, and I look forward to seeing more!
Ed

Claude Arragon
07-23-2006, 1:29 PM
Claude: Benvenuti! It's so ironic to find a new Sawmill Creek member from Verona since I just came back from visiting there .
What a nice trip you did.
I'm just dreaming to coming over to Australia before it's too late.
Hope I can realize this dream one day.

Barry Stratton
07-23-2006, 1:32 PM
Welcome to SMC! Please don't be shy about posting pictures, the work on your wbsite is remarkable!!!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
07-23-2006, 2:57 PM
Welcome to the Creek. We look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous woodturning. You are obviously not new to the art. :)

Hmmm...Canada, England, Germany, Austria, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Italy...SMC members in a lot of foreign countries. Even California. ;)

- Vaughn

I thought California was in a different universe....:confused:

Ted Calver
07-23-2006, 3:16 PM
Claude,
Welcome to the creek.
I lived in Vicenza for 7 years and loved the area.

Bart Leetch
07-23-2006, 4:42 PM
I thought California was in a different universe....:confused:

Beam me up Scotty!!!!:D

Keith Burns
07-23-2006, 4:57 PM
Welcome to the Creek !! Nice stuff on your site although I had trouble finding my way around as I have trouble reading English, let alone Itialian:) :)

Bill Boehme
07-23-2006, 6:44 PM
Welcome, Claude. I am also a new member on Sawmill Creek, I have been lurking for a bit to check things out and see what kind of folks hang out here. Looks OK, so I'm in!

Bill

Frank Chaffee
07-23-2006, 8:35 PM
Welcome Claude,
Gentleman from Verona.
Very cool school you have there!
My girlfriends' maiden name is Quattrocchi; do I qualify for a discount?

Frank