PDA

View Full Version : $200 free tools at the Orange Borg

Jeff Kerr
07-21-2006, 6:12 PM
Really!

I went to the Orange Borg today for some screws and came out with a free PC 324MAG saw :D .

One of the employees mentioned that if you open a "commercial" account you get $200 off the first purchase. I asked what the catch was. I couldn't find one.

This was supposed to end this weekend in my area. Not sure if all stores are doing this. Basically I was able to sign up for a store account. (I was able to set the limit so I made it really small. Picked up the 324MAG and a 24" job site fan that was on 30% off end of season markdown.

In order to qualify I had to spend more than $200 to get the free tools. My total came to $206. They credit my account $200 on the spot and $6 on the charge. I wil pay that off when the bill comes and tear up the card.

Standard Disclaimer: I am not associated with any retailer nor manufacturer. I also do not live a life of credit cards. Matter of fact I do not use cards at all. Ever!. I had to really think hard about this, but if they are willing to give away free tools so that they can give me a card that I don't want to use. OK by me.

Happy shopping.

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-21-2006, 6:23 PM
WOW What a GLOAT! Smart on your part.......................questionable on their part. I was in Orange yesterday and don't think they were doing. I would have JUMPED on it! ...............................Then cancelled the account!

Bruce

Brad Townsend
07-21-2006, 7:56 PM
I wonder what marketing genius came up with that promotion?:D

Scott Vigder
07-22-2006, 9:06 PM
Congratulations on using the system properly! Credit cards are a fabulous convenience IF YOU PAY THEM OFF AT THE END OF THE MONTH. I learned that back when I was 18 and couldn't afford to pay on the whopping $270 bill I'd racked up, so the banker took my card and clipped it up right in front of me. Took me 8 months to pay that sucker off. That was 30 years ago, and I've been paying mine off at the end of every month for nearly two decades. Can't afford to pay it off? Don't Use It! If you reason to buy a new tool with a CC and figure to pay it off in three months, save the money for three months and buy the tool. No interest! No debt! No bad credit! No Brainer! :eek:

Bob Childress
07-23-2006, 7:48 AM
What a super gloat!!! Way to work it. I know the BORG hopes you'll keep using the card (then they make money on the card as well as the products). But if you don't, you come out miles ahead. They must factor in cases such as yours and think they can still make a buck or three.:rolleyes:

Way cool:cool:

Frank Fusco
07-23-2006, 7:56 AM
$200.00 worth of free tools is about what it would take to get me to patronize the Big Orange Box.

Jim Callaghan
07-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Jeff
If you are really going to quit using that card, you have to cancel it or it will still be held against your credit score. I had several that I hadn't used in years due to high interest. When I went for a mortgage, they said I had too many cards, they claimed that I was a high risk with all that available credit. After I cancelled them everything was ok again.
Jim