PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm doing it!

Fred Voorhees
07-21-2006, 5:48 PM
Have been mulling it over for weeks and to tell you the truth, the hot weather has really helped in making the decision. I'm going in for the carpal tunnel surgery. I visited the doctor who will be doing it this past Monday to get his opinion and checked with my insurance and the surgery will be completely covered so there will be no out of pocket expense. Between temporary dissability and a weekly stipend from my health insurance, I will be almost getting as much as I would have been getting if I were working AND, I won't be spending $100+ a week on gas for a few weeks. But, the big deal is that I will be able to spend quite a bit of August at home in the air conditioning instead of laboring like an idiot out in the humidity. That was the clincher. I figured that I might as well miss as much hot weather as possible. Besides, my annual trip to Syracuse is coming up and beyond that is the annual salmon fishing trip and both trips have always featured some kind of agony with the carpal tunnel deal. I told myself last year during the salmon trip that it wasn't going to happen again and the trip is edging up closer, so, I'm doing it. Should be out for maybe three weeks, possibly four. I'll see how it goes with the right wrist and if I like how it turns out, I'll schedule for the left wrist.

Dennis Peacock
07-21-2006, 6:34 PM
May it all go well for you Fred. I hope that it fixes the problem and makes life easier for ya.

Karl Laustrup
07-21-2006, 6:42 PM
Good luck with the surgery Fred. Sounds like you've got it pretty well planned out.

Karl

Jason Roehl
07-21-2006, 9:02 PM
I hope the surgeons get you fixed up well, Fred, and that your recovery is complete and short. Our prayers are with you.

Dave Ray
07-21-2006, 9:34 PM
Good luck Fred, I think you have this planned out well. Hope and pray all goes well for you.

Joe Tonich
07-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Good luck Fred. I had the surgery 2 years ago and don't regret having it done. Praying yours goes as well as mine did.

Jim Becker
07-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Ah, very kewel. Congrats on the decision...the recovery time isn't over night, but think of all the projects you can plan!!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-22-2006, 11:35 PM
You are in our thoughts and prayers Fred! May you have a complete and speedy recovery!

Vaughn McMillan
07-23-2006, 2:17 AM
All the best on your procedure, Fred. Heal quick and hardy.

- Vaughn