PDA

View Full Version : HVLP SPrayer

Mike Hill
07-21-2006, 2:40 PM
I am finishing a Regulator Clock I have had sitting around for months. Cut all the wood from soft mahogany I purchased at Fine Hardwoods in Austin. Thought I would spray it to see if I could get a better finish. While picking up stuff at HD, I saw a $68.00 HVLP spray gun. Sooo, long story short I purchased it. It worked extremely well and is easy to use and adjust. Comes with two cannisters, one large, one small. The clock looks great, just a bit of orange peel, but that's my fault, I did not thin one coat enough. Will get pictures of the finished product on by the first of the week.
Mike

Mike Hill
07-21-2006, 3:57 PM
I meant to say soft maple :)

Tim Solley
07-21-2006, 4:34 PM
Hey Mike,

You know I really learned not to discount the cheap sprayers for us hobby guys. I got my turbine HVLP at Harbor Freight for about $55 and I've finished three projects with it, including the curly maple dresser you saw a couple days ago. That thing does a great job. And if it doesn't last, I'll just toss it and buy another one!

Tim

Mike Hill
07-22-2006, 9:10 AM
Tim: I saw the pictures of the dresser, very nice! The one I purchased was a Dewalt made in China. It sure helped my finished product, that's for sure.
Mike