PDA

View Full Version : Festool 20% off Deal

Dave Avery
09-24-2003, 3:27 PM
All,

Do any of you guys know whether the 20% off first time buyers promotion applies to "package" prices (like the sander + vac deal) or only to regularly priced products. Thanks...... Dave.

Jim DeLaney
09-24-2003, 4:32 PM
All,

Do any of you guys know whether the 20% off first time buyers promotion applies to "package" prices (like the sander + vac deal) or only to regularly priced products. Thanks...... Dave.

I'm pretty sure it applies to your entire first order - regardless of how many items are involved.

I bought the 5" sander, an extra pad, vac adapter and six different grits of discs, and got the 20% off on hte whole deal.

Dave Hammelef
09-24-2003, 4:33 PM
All,

Only reg. priced Items. So it appears to me you are better off to not order the packages as they appear to be slightly less then 20% off.

Dave

Steve Jenkins
09-24-2003, 4:41 PM
The stuff I just received had the discount on the package too. The discount is good until the end of the month and is on everything you buy if you are a first time buyer Steve

Bob Marino
09-24-2003, 5:04 PM
All,

Dave,

The 20% New Customer promo offers a 20% discount on all catalog items; tools, accessories and consumables. This also applies to the catalog "packages"; for instance, the CT vac and ATF saw (catalog package price $675.00, would then be $540.00). The 20% discount however, does not get combined with other seasonal promos, such as the new Trion jigsaw promo.

Bob

Dave Hammelef
09-24-2003, 6:31 PM
Dave,

The 20% New Customer promo offers a 20% discount on all cataolog items; tools, accessories and consumables. This also applies to the catalog "packages"; CT vac and ATF saw (catalog package price $675.00, would then be $540.00). The 20% discount however, does not get combined with other seasonal promos, such as the new Trion jigsaw promo.

Bob

YIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Its an even better deal then I thought. SWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

As you can tell Bob, I still am planing my purchase, and now have to rethink, what I am going to buy. (I can get even more stuff).

Dave

Ed Falis
09-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Bit of a digression here.

I don't really need a new vac (have a Wap SQ-10). But I've got my eye on the plunge saw. How difficult is it to hook up that saw (and other Festool products) to another brand of vac?

- Ed

Dave Arbuckle
09-25-2003, 12:49 PM
How difficult is it to hook up that saw (and other Festool products) to another brand of vac?

That was my biggest disappointment with the saw, Ed. I have a Fein Turbo II, and the only way to hook it up to the saw (short of machining my own part) is by using a Festool vacuum hose. Don't know if the Festool hose will attach to a WAP, turns out it plugs right in to a Fein.

Festool's answer to my whinging about it, essentially, is "that's the way it is", though stated very nicely.

Dave

Ed Falis
09-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the info, Dave. Will have to put my speculation hat on as to whether the festool hose will go into the wap.

- Ed

Steve Jenkins
09-25-2003, 1:05 PM
I have a wap and the festool hose will fit it and if you get a reducer for the wap hose to 1" it will fit the collection port on the tools from festool with a bit of stretching.I bet you already have the reducer for the wap hose. Steve

Ed Falis
09-25-2003, 1:18 PM
Thanks Steve (and Dan Marino, who wrote privately).

- Ed

Jim DeLaney
09-25-2003, 5:03 PM
I bought the Festool Reducing sleeve (#487 071), and found it screws perfectly onto the Porter-Cable 1" hose which I already had.

The rubber sleeve that came with my Fein vacuum in turn adapts the P-C hose to the Fein.

The reducing sleeve costs $9.50. If you have a Festool catalog, it's on page 65.

Ed Falis
09-25-2003, 5:49 PM
Thanks very much, Jim.

- Ed

Bill Esposito
09-25-2003, 7:59 PM
Dave,

The 20% New Customer promo offers a 20% discount on all catalog items; tools, accessories and consumables. This also applies to the catalog "packages"; for instance, the CT vac and ATF saw (catalog package price $675.00, would then be $540.00). The 20% discount however, does not get combined with other seasonal promos, such as the new Trion jigsaw promo. BobThat Trion saw looks great but I would never order the barrel grip without seeing how it fit my hand first. Are there any distributers in the New Hampshire area?

Bob Marino
09-25-2003, 8:14 PM
That Trion saw looks great but I would never order the barrel grip without seeing how it fit my hand first. Are there any distributers in the New Hampshire area?

Yes, Bill. There is a comapny called Minuteman Tools in Exeter, NH that sells Festool tools. 1-866-6minute.

Bob