PDA

View Full Version : DC Port on TS

Jeff Cord
07-21-2006, 12:03 AM
In my research (esp Bill Pentz' web site) I have found that my TS requires 440 CFM of air flow.
The saw has a 4" port built-in, but inside the saw (GI 50-220) there is what looks like a 3" hose to the dust hood.
In order to get the 440CFM I need a 5" hose.
Do I need to replace the hose inside the saw? The hood?
I'm guessing so since a 5" hose to the saw isn't going to do much good with the smaller hose inside.
Where do I get a hood for this saw if I should replace it?
thanks,
Jeff

Bill Pentz
07-21-2006, 12:52 AM
In my research (esp Bill Pentz' web site) I have found that my TS requires 440 CFM of air flow.
The saw has a 4" port built-in, but inside the saw (GI 50-220) there is what looks like a 3" hose to the dust hood.
In order to get the 440CFM I need a 5" hose.
Do I need to replace the hose inside the saw? The hood?
I'm guessing so since a 5" hose to the saw isn't going to do much good with the smaller hose inside.
Where do I get a hood for this saw if I should replace it?
thanks.

Jeff,

You should take another look at the CFM Requirements Table on my web pages. It says you need a total of 790 CFM with 440 CFM going below the blade and 350 CFM to the blade guard for above the blade. Most setups need a 6" drop going to your saw split with a wye into a 5" and either a 4" or 3.5" hose going to the saw guard.

I had to change my smaller 3" hose inside my saw to 5" then also change the metal hood inside the saw opening it from 3" to 5" to fit that larger hose.

bill

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/CFMRequirementsTableSmAAF.gif

Ken Garlock
07-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Jeff, I have the Bridgewood 10LTS and it came with the standard 4" dust port. I plumbed the shop with 6" PVC. Rather than reducing the DC ducting at the saw, I bought a 6 in. 'starter collar' from Air handling systems. I traced the 6" opening over the 4" in the saw, got out the Lenox bi-metal blade for the jigsaw and made the hole in the cabinet match the collar. Drill a couple holes and put in some sheet metal screws to attach the collar and you are good to go. I use about a foot of 6" spiral hose to connect to the PVC ducting.

I don't allow any chrome plated items near the cabinet saw for fear of the chrome being sucked off when the cyclone is running.:D