PDA

View Full Version : BS blades

Reg Mitchell
07-20-2006, 9:00 PM
OK guys whats the better blade for the snowflake BS I bought a while back. The shop is about to get power and the BS has new bearing guides and tires.....now all I need is a good blade.....idea recomendations.....or just lie to me. lolol the blade is 19'11"
thanks

Mark Rios
07-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Suffolk Machinery will make you whatever you need. They are very good at what they do.

Roy Wall
07-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Reg,

I would also recommend calling Louis Iturra at Iturra Designs.....

He is in on Friday (tomorrow)...9-5 EST

866-883-8064

He will know your bandsaw......

A great all purpose blade will be 1/2" @ 3 tpi, with a good joint cutting blade around 10 tpi. I would also like to here his comments on this saws capabilities of using the vaunted "trimaster carbide"... a 1" resaw legend.

Good luck and can't wait to see the photos of this excellent Band Saw!!

tod evans
07-21-2006, 8:13 AM
reg, just like a tablesaw the bandsaw needs specific blades for specific tasks....for resawing kild dried hardwood the trimaster kicks butt, but for curves it sucks. for curves i like either 1/2" or 3/8 4 tooth from suffolk..02 tod

Reg Mitchell
07-23-2006, 3:48 AM
Thanks guys,
I am on vacation this week trying to get the finishing touches on the 3 ph wireing, setting the machines, putting the lights up and wireing the machines in to DC boxes.
I will post some pics when I get back I don't have the soft ware on this pc to do that
Reg

Bobby Wartman
07-23-2006, 4:02 AM
Suffolk Machinery will make you whatever you need. They are very good at what they do.

AKA Timberwolf Blades. http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/7.gif