PDA

View Full Version : Computer question...

Chuck Wintle
07-20-2006, 12:11 PM
I need a new power supply for my computer. I am looking at an Antec Trupower 480 watt model. Does anyone have any experience with this brand of power supplies?:)

Ken Garlock
07-20-2006, 4:06 PM
Hi Charles. I can's say about Antec other than they have been around for years, and must be OK or they would not have lasted.

I buy my power supplies from PC Power and Cooling (http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home/)in California. Their supplies do what they are rated at. Some makers give you a rating that is only a gleam in the eye of the seller. Yes, they cost a little more, but it will be the last power supply you will need to put in that computer case. :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
07-20-2006, 4:18 PM
Charles, I've had good success with Antec power supplies. I have the exact model you're looking at, and it always did the job.

I say "did" the job, since I removed it from my system about a year ago. I was having strange intermittent problems, so one-by-one, I ended up replacing pretty much everything inside my box, including the power supply. Turns out it was a motherboard going south on me, so now I have nearly a computer's worth of spare (used) parts.

Antec has a good reputation...I don't think you'll regret buying one.

- Vaughn

J. Scott Chambers
07-20-2006, 4:22 PM
I have an Antec in one of my systems, maybe the exact one you mentioned. As mentioned, they're well respected.

The PC Power and Cooling are also exceptional, but usually a bit more pricey. I wanted one of those over the Antec, but could justify the extra expense at the time.

Al Willits
07-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I've built three comps and all have Antec power supplies and after 3 or 4 years they're still going strong.
Antec gets good reviews on the computer forums, very good ones in fact.

Al

Cary Falk
07-21-2006, 7:45 AM
I prefer Antec. I have a 430w and a 500w one. They are more expensive but I think they are worth it. I like their computer cases also.

Chuck Wintle
07-21-2006, 8:24 PM
I received my new power supply this afternoon. What surprised me the most was how quickly it arrived. I ordered yesterday in the afternoon and was delivered less than 24 hours later.