PDA

View Full Version : Settings for Nylon or Linnen - cannot find the right match

Harry Radaza
07-20-2006, 6:40 AM
Hi guys!

I'm not sure what material this is but it is the tag at the back of T Shirts and dressess that contain the usual washing instructions.

Ex : 83% Nylon, Machine wash warm dry do not iron, made in the philippines. etc...

Is it linnen or a really thin nylon?

Need the settings for this. If I am able to print on these I can get the contract since the print by the laser would be permanent which is what they require.

has anyone tried these ? Do yo uhave settings for these or similar material ?

It seems the material is very thin. a setting at P10 S100 went through the material. PPI is at 500.

any ideas ?

Joe Pelonio
07-20-2006, 8:11 AM
How many watts do you have Harry?

I have done fabric with those settings on my 45 watt. Maybe you just have too much power to do it. Try 5, 4, 3, etc on the power. You might also try misting it with water first.

Harry Radaza
07-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I have 2 machines. ULS 50 watts and GCC 25 watts.

tried it with the 50 watt machine. tried all kinds of settings. even tried power at .5 and speed at 100. various PPI settings too. no avail. either a very faint mark or it cuts holes thru.

will try that misting with water idea.

I have tried fabric and no problem printing with fabric. I think the nylonish material is too thin.

any other ideas guys ?

Joe Pelonio
07-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't think it's as much the thickness as the fact that nylon melts, where natural fibers don't. Maybe also try two passes at the settings that gave you the faint mark.

Bernhard Rameder
07-21-2006, 8:18 AM
Hello,

from my experience at ULS i can let you know that for fabric it should be better to reduce the Image Density to 3 or 4. Also reduce the PPI and then it should be better as before.

Joe Pelonio
07-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Hello,

from my experience at ULS i can let you know that for fabric it should be better to reduce the Image Density to 3 or 4. Also reduce the PPI and then it should be better as before.
Good suggestion, I hadn't thought of it until you said that but try changing your artwork from black to shades of grey until you find one that works.

Harry Radaza
07-21-2006, 10:48 PM
hmm...

I"ve tried the highest image density. Also have tried lowest PPI setting combined with others. no good.

Will try lowering the image density and also changing to different shades of gray.

We did find a temporary solution - heat press ! we tried the material with a heat press ( of course with the right dye sublimation ink etc ) . However, I dont' know how durable it will be. The conditions of the customer are to make sure it does not wash off (